Embarkation in Hong Kong

JeffCMH

I also posted this in the Celebrity area, but thought it might get a better response here...

We are departing from Hong Kong this March. We are landing in Hong Kong around 5 am on the day the cruise leaves. Taking into account time clearing customs and getting from the airport to the terminal, I figure we'd get to the port around 7 or 8 in the morning. Obviously, that's way too early to start boarding. Does anyone know if there's a place to store our bags until we can start boarding or are we out of luck? For those who've done this cruise before and didn't arrive a few days early, what did you do? Thanks for your help. I searched the forums and couldn't find anything that addressed this question.

Jeff

I also posted this in the Celebrity area, but thought it might get a better response here...

We are departing from Hong Kong this March. We are landing in Hong Kong around 5 am on the day the cruise leaves. Taking into account time clearing customs and getting from the airport to the terminal, I figure we'd get to the port around 7 or 8 in the morning. Obviously, that's way too early to start boarding. Does anyone know if there's a place to store our bags until we can start boarding or are we out of luck? For those who've done this cruise before and didn't arrive a few days early, what did you do? Thanks for your help. I searched the forums and couldn't find anything that addressed this question.

Jeff

I have posted a reply on the Celebrity page with a suggestion for you.

Edited by Harrieta

We stayed overnight in Kowloon for one day and got the hotel to call us a taxi to the cruise terminal at Kai Tak. If you travel from the airport to Kowloon the "Airport Express" is easy to find at the airport and use as is bilingual and a graphic display shows progress of train which continues on to city. Buy tickets from the machines at the airport. Kowloon to Kai Tak is shortish distance by taxi. Is it possible to hand in your labelled suitcases at the terminal hours before boarding but not attempt to board at that time? Kai Tak is a fantastic modern cruise terminal and has its own website. I found contacting our hotel ahead of arriving excellent so why not try contacting Kai Tak?

Regards John

Edited by john watson

• 4 weeks later...

We will be sailing on Celebrity Millennium 11/8/15 and are either going to arrive 11/7 or 11/8 at 8:50 AM (trying to decide if we can spare the vacation days to take off Friday, 11/6 and whether we want to pay for a hotel 11/7).

If we do not arrive until 11/8, we would be in a similar position as OP. Were there any suggestions what to do with luggage for the hours until we can embark?

Airport Express Kowloon Station "left baggage service"???

http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/services/aestations_kln.html#1

This is probably the best suggestion for leaving your luggage before going to Kai Tak Cruise terminal. There's a big shopping centre attached to Kowloon station, so there should be some place for you to get breakfast, do some shopping and relax for a few hours before going on board.

Taxi to the cruise terminal from the Airport Express Kowloon station is around 30 minutes, accounting for traffic, but there's a taxi stand and getting a taxi is relatively painless.

With Airport Express to Kowloon Station & (Checked) Left Luggage Services, one can take advantage of the free AE hotel shuttle routes offered to pax @ the Kowloon Station, board Route 2 - Stop #4 for the Kowloon Hotel & Peninsula Hotel as it is one the closest stop next to the Victoria Harbor, keeping your carry-ons & valuables only. Also, there are plenty of shops & stores inside the "Elements Mall" with the AE Station integrated/on the below ground level and by the time you arrived (CX flight ??) from the airport, many of them catering to the travelers will be open for business.

Walk toward the H.K. Cultural Centre, maybe have an early dim sum breakfast at the Serenade (Chinese) Restaurant upstairs (and, a Starbucks nearby.) Go walk along the promenade / Avenue of the Stars & smell the morning air toward the historic "Star Ferry" - probably plenty of time to take a short & cheap ride across the harbor & back, join the local commuters heading for Central, etc.

When it's time to embark, take a short taxi ride back to the Kowloon AE Station & retrieve your "left" luggage & taxi over to the cruise terminal.

Edited by mking8288

• 2 weeks later...

We just landed at 5 am this morning. We decided to get a private room at the Arrivals Lounge. It's $80/person and the room has free wifi, beds, and a shower. After a 16 hour flight from JFK, it was great to be able to shower and rest up before heading to the ship.

We just landed at 5 am this morning. We decided to get a private room at the Arrivals Lounge. It's $80/person and the room has free wifi, beds, and a shower. After a 16 hour flight from JFK, it was great to be able to shower and rest up before heading to the ship.

Thanks for the update. Enjoy the rest of your trip :)