Dining Times

CruiseCrew123

Can't remember Discoveries (MDR) hours, but I think latest booking time in Aqualina and Prime C is 8:30. We usually go into Discoveries at 7:45/ 8:00 and are often among the last to leave. ( We usually sit at a large shared table, so dinner often takes longer as there's lots of chatting going on).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You could order room service for a later time and dine in your cabin or, if in a Veranda or above, on your balcony.

We are late eaters normally and were often the last ones in the dining area. The staff just went about doing what they needed to do, ensuring our glasses were always filled and we had what we needed.

Wow - that's early :( we aren't used to sitting down till 9.30. These dining hours look far too early for a med cruise when the sun doesn't set till after 9 !!!

Don't forget that service is pretty unhurried and if you sit down in the MDR at 9pm you are probably going to be out not long before 11. Personally I've never had an issue with the times and it's never been a complaint that I've heard mentioned by others. Generally 9.30pm would be too late for most people and as the ships are small they have to be sensible in the dining venues and not keep them open for nobody to turn up. Re the poster who mentioned room service. Don't forget. You have food delivered to your room, but there is nothing stopping you taking out!;) Sit out on the Sunset Veranda if it's nice. Or at the Pool Bar. Room service burgers are delicious as are the quesadillas. There really is a nice choice from your interactive TV.

• 2 months later...

We have found Azamara to be an "early dining" cruise line with Discoveries being fairly busy between 6 - 8 and "high tide" around 7. But that's good news for those of us who like to dine later -- we never had difficulty getting a table for two by a window around 8:30 or so. And we did see some people being seated as late as 9:15 so you won't be the only ones in the dining room. We did not have the experience that we had in a South Florida restaurant where we had a 8:30 dinner reservation and the staff started vacuuming around us at 9 p.m. We still joke about it years later!

We used to go to dinner around 2030 but have moved that forward in recent cruises to nearer 2000 as the service was not quite the same standard every night. Some waiters left you in the care of the assistant waiter for your dessert order which could be very hit or miss. It was also a little off putting to have them setting up all the tables around you for breakfast when we were still having our mains.

This dip was more noticeable on Quest where the restaurant manager highlighted staff had already worked long hours and were due breaks, which I quite understand. I did feel uncomfortable being one of the late leavers there and sensed being rushed out the door at 2145 on one occasion

Journey was much less of an issue and we found asking to go in a section others had just been seated in - and not being concerned about window seat or particular waiter - really helped us enjoy a meal towards the end of their very busy service time.

So if you can make some adaptations it will work fine.