Is there a replacement for the Yellow Bird Party Boat in Nassau?

Synthetic

In 2008 I actually booked a 3 day cruise with the Yellow Bird Party Boat as main reason for choosing the ship (over other short Carnival cruises). I hear now that they are defunct?

Is this true?

If so, is there a "party boat - hit the beach - party boat back" replacement?

I am thinking of booking Imagination to Nassau for Fourth of July weekend and want to know...

Thanks in advance...

---Buzz

Hey,

We were looking at booking the Yellow Bird as well, but learnt that it was a bit tamer than we wanted :P

In Feb 2010, we booked the Bahamian Queen booze cruise..Just google it. It was $60 pp and included lots of loud music, bahamaian lunch that was pretty tasty, some snorkelling (i didnt try it, but everyone was out of the water so fast - nothing to see) and all you can drink. It was truly a PARTY! We had a great time on it. Oh, the boozecruise also stopped at a private island for about an hour - you could still get drinks while the boat was docked. If you want a big party, try this one !

Hey,

We were looking at booking the Yellow Bird as well, but learnt that it was a bit tamer than we wanted :P

In Feb 2010, we booked the Bahamian Queen booze cruise..Just google it. It was $60 pp and included lots of loud music, bahamaian lunch that was pretty tasty, some snorkelling (i didnt try it, but everyone was out of the water so fast - nothing to see) and all you can drink. It was truly a PARTY! We had a great time on it. Oh, the boozecruise also stopped at a private island for about an hour - you could still get drinks while the boat was docked. If you want a big party, try this one !

Thanks for the info... I will look that up. The YBPB was usually (I've done it 5 times now) lame on the way there - the things got better at the beach and the ride back was raucous. (The bathroom is small, but came in handy on more than one occasion).

I'll look into that and thanks again...

--Buzz

My boyfriend and I did the Yellow Bird Party Boat on our first cruise. I was looking for it on the excursion list for this one but didn't see it.

I hate that they went out of business (even though I did feel slightly unsafe on the boat, as I never saw a lifejacket and one guy with us was pole-dancing with the Bahamas flag and almost fell off the side).

I agree the ride up was pretty lame, and the drinks offered on the boat weren't that good. However, once on the private island we got some STRONG drinks and the ride back was pretty awesome. At least, I know from the pictures :)

We might book that Booze Cruise. I think it's a glass bottomed boat too.

My boyfriend and I did the Yellow Bird Party Boat on our first cruise. I was looking for it on the excursion list for this one but didn't see it.

I hate that they went out of business (even though I did feel slightly unsafe on the boat, as I never saw a lifejacket and one guy with us was pole-dancing with the Bahamas flag and almost fell off the side).

I agree the ride up was pretty lame, and the drinks offered on the boat weren't that good. However, once on the private island we got some STRONG drinks and the ride back was pretty awesome. At least, I know from the pictures :)

We might book that Booze Cruise. I think it's a glass bottomed boat too.

The beach and the ride back have some very debauchery-filled fond memories for me... (the bathroom on the Yellow Bird WAS big enough, by the way and the sink could support a little bit of weight if you get my drift)... lol

We, too, have "sailed" the Yellowbird many times over the years and were very sad when we learned about their going out of business. We were in Nassau last Friday (Mar 26) and I spoke with many locals, mostly in front of the straw market where the boat takes on passengers, about the Yellowbird. Most simply reported that the operation has gone out of business. However, one lady who seemed to have specific knowledge about the business said that the vessel had to pass safety inspections twice annually and that it had failed the most recent inspection. The ship is quite old (we sailed on the Yellowbird on our very first cruise to Nassau in 1984!) and the lady was of the opinion that it would not likely be refurbished. Since every cruise line on which we have sailed has offered excursions on the Yellowbird, it seems that to renew the offering on a new(er) ship would be a good business decision. Since I think we are too old to do the "booze cruise," I certainly hope someone brings back the Yellowbird!!

We, too, have "sailed" the Yellowbird many times over the years and were very sad when we learned about their going out of business. We were in Nassau last Friday (Mar 26) and I spoke with many locals, mostly in front of the straw market where the boat takes on passengers, about the Yellowbird. Most simply reported that the operation has gone out of business. However, one lady who seemed to have specific knowledge about the business said that the vessel had to pass safety inspections twice annually and that it had failed the most recent inspection. The ship is quite old (we sailed on the Yellowbird on our very first cruise to Nassau in 1984!) and the lady was of the opinion that it would not likely be refurbished. Since every cruise line on which we have sailed has offered excursions on the Yellowbird, it seems that to renew the offering on a new(er) ship would be a good business decision. Since I think we are too old to do the "booze cruise," I certainly hope someone brings back the Yellowbird!!

and to that point I heard that their only real 'competitor' took over their place (although no US based cruise line books themas a shore excursion) the Bahamian Queen I is [supposedly] the one to do... That is who I have now booked for my July Excursion... Without the Carnival Excursion 30% surcharge

I looked at the Queen Bahamian, but we can't do it because it leaves at 1:00 and doesn't return until 5:30 and our ship leaves at 6:00. They really should schedule the booze cruise to begin earlier like at 10 or 11 :confused:

Yeah... 10 or 11... don't tell my sponsor.

I looked at the Queen Bahamian, but we can't do it because it leaves at 1:00 and doesn't return until 5:30 and our ship leaves at 6:00. They really should schedule the booze cruise to begin earlier like at 10 or 11 :confused:

Yeah... 10 or 11... don't tell my sponsor.

Made me laugh... I love it... thanks!

Archived