Progreso with kids~

msperkey

Last year when my husband and I sailed to Progreso and cozumel, we were misinformed about Progreso and just stayed at those shops right on the pier then went back on the ship. We didnt take the buses into town.. this year we are taking 4 children and want to ride into town... what all is there to do with kids?

last year we took our then 4 and 5 year olds. we booked a tour with autoprogresso that took us to a small ruins and some salt flats that had flamingos. it was really cheap and the kids were free. the buses were safe and the tour gudes were nice. the kids were able to climb on the ruins and enjoyed looking for pink birds. i prebooked online. all we had to do was take the free bus shuttle into town and then there was a tent to wait at. we walked around for a little bit before our tour since we had time. we walked around the beach area and let the kids pick out some tshirts and toys to bring home

We took a large group to Dzibilchaltun ruins. We had a good time on the ruins but an even better time swimming in the cenote. The ruins aren't anything like Uxmal or Chichen Itza but it is inexpensive and something for the kids to do. We had time to go to the beach in the AM and visit the shops close to the beach.

At the very least you should go to the beach and shop. All of which can be FREE :D

Archived