Can husband and wife board separately?

tallyho8

Experience. Been there done that.

Not questioning your experience but, it makes no sense. Also, when filling out pre-cruise information on Royal recently, it asked what cc card would be used for the two of us. There is nothing to indicate that if two are not boarding at the same time, they need two different cards.

Granted, it was on another line at another time but husband and I boarded at two different times and same credit card was used for both.

Is the husband trying to sneak his girlfriend onto the ship without his wife knowing? :confused::D

No, the wife is going with us early so we can get lunch on the ship and bring all the luggage. The husband has to work late and get on near departure time.

They printed up 2 copies of the boarding pass and the boarding pass has both of them listed on it instead of separate boarding passes. I hope this is ok.

I think you will need to post a different credit card for each sea pass.

You do not need a different credit card. We have done this several times. If the person checking in first isn't holding the credit card, then their card won't work until the second person physically checks in.

We only use one card between the two of us. We have also checked in at totally different times and have had totally different staterooms.

As long as your set sail pass is completed with the credit card info, you are fine.

The husband has to work late and get on near departure time.

How near departure time? Let him know he will need to be checked in (and onboard?) 90 minutes before departure or they wont let him board :)

Edited by ryano

Is the husband trying to sneak his girlfriend onto the ship without his wife knowing? :confused::D

I saw this documentary once where a husband and wife each booked a room on a cruise ship with their "side dish" not knowing the other was doing the same. Of course, they bump into each other and hilarity ensued. In the end, the husband and wife realized they still cared for each other and went home together. Ah, love, life's sweetest reward.