Cozumel Bar Hop - off ship excursions?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:44 AM.
Delaware
45 Posts
Joined Sep 2015
I've read a lot of reviews of a Cozumel Bar Hop. We are sailing on RC Allure of the Seas in a few weeks and they do not have a Cozumel Bar Hop on the ship excursions. Does anyone know of any independent ones that are reputable? thanks!
2,575 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Originally posted by NiceAunt
I've read a lot of reviews of a Cozumel Bar Hop. We are sailing on RC Allure of the Seas in a few weeks and they do not have a Cozumel Bar Hop on the ship excursions. Does anyone know of any independent ones that are reputable? thanks!
It can only be booked directly
http://cozumelbarhop.com/

Web site is very good and be sure to read FAQ to answer all your questions.
Rockford, IA
175 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Book directly with above website. You won't be sorry. This is a great time, away from the huge cruise ship crowds. Staff is great, they watch your time for you, so you can get silly and not care. The bars they take you to are awesome, very fun day.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Raven

RCC Oasis - Nov. 2013
Carnival Valor - Jan 2012 B2B
Carnival Freedom Jan. 2010
NCL Star - Jan 08
RCC Mariner - Jan. 07
Sun Princess - Jan. 06
Island Princess - Jan. 05
Carnival Destiny - Jan. 03
Carnival Fascination - Nov 01
Norway - Jan 98
Britanis Americanis - March 92
Louisiana
1,755 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
I highly endorse the Bar Hop, however, do NOT try to drink the extra large Margarita at the third stop by yourself. It gets awful expensive tipping all the different people to carry you back to the ship.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruises:
Audubon Park Canoe 1958................. ....... President Steamboat 1960
Carnival Celebration 7 day 1995 ............. Norwegian Star 7 day 7-19-2008
Carnival Fantasy 5 day 1-10-2009 ...........HAL Zaandam 7 day 6-12-2009
Carnival Triumph 7 day 1-16-2010........... Pride Of America 7 day7-10- 2010
Norwegian Spirit 7 day 11-29-2010 ........Carnival Triumph 7 day 1-8-2011
Carnival Conquest 7 day 1-29-2012 .........RCI Voyager 7 day 3-31-2012
NCL Star 14 day repo 10-22-2012.......... RCI Navigator 7 day 1-19-2013
Norwegian Pearl 7 day 6-2-2013 ............ Conquest 7 day repo 11-9-2013
Carnival Valor 7 day 11-17-2013 ...............Norwegian Jewel 7 day 2-23-2014
NCL Jewel 15 day repo 4-20-2014.......... Carnival Dream 7 day 8-31-2014
Splendor 8 day repo 11-1-2014 ................ RCI Serenade 7 day 12-13-2014
Norwegian Dawn 7 day 1-18-2015............ Carnival Dream 7 day 2-15-2015
NCL Dawn 14 day repo 10-30-2015 ........ Carnival Dream 10 day repo 1-14-16
NCL Dawn 7 Day "Mardi Gras" 2-7-16.... NCL Dawn 7 day 4-10-16
Carnival Legend 11 day Repo 5-5-2016. "Cinco de Mayo"
MSC Divina 7 day 7-16-16 .........................Carnival Triumph 5 day 10-1-16
Carnival Liberty 7 day 11-19-16......I could not resist a free cruise on a Slow boat to Mexico
NCL Dawn 7 day 1-29-17 ............................HAL Veendam 7 day 5-27-17
MSC Divina 7 day 9-2-17 ............................NCL Pearl 9 day 11-26-17

RCL Vision 7 day 1-26-19
4,329 Posts
Joined Jan 2002
THE Cozumel Bar Hop that is listed above is the one to do. Absolutely a blast. You get to see the majority of the island, spend time on the "wild" prettier side of the island, experience some really fun beach bars & restaurants and meet some fun people. If you are not friends when you start....you will be by the time they drop you off at your ship!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1,038 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Originally posted by tallyho8
I highly endorse the Bar Hop, however, do NOT try to drink the extra large Margarita at the third stop by yourself. It gets awful expensive tipping all the different people to carry you back to the ship.

The "Tsunami"!!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jim

174 Days at Sea with Royal Caribbean 031217
Ft. Lauderdale
141 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
Will they allow kids? I know website says no but they will do something private. Our 10 year old will be with us. If these are bars on the beach he will be fine, we can bring a Frisbee and either his iPad or 3DS and he'll be in heaven. Plus he keeps us in check, he's older than his years and won't hesitate to tell us to slow down. I'd be more concerned about everyone else making a fool of themselves and him seeing that.
2,575 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Originally posted by Bkchero
Will they allow kids? I know website says no but they will do something private. Our 10 year old will be with us. If these are bars on the beach he will be fine, we can bring a Frisbee and either his iPad or 3DS and he'll be in heaven. Plus he keeps us in check, he's older than his years and won't hesitate to tell us to slow down. I'd be more concerned about everyone else making a fool of themselves and him seeing that.
He will not be allowed on the regular your. You would need to book a private group of your own party. If you have 10 people maybe you can arrange a kid's Hop/ beach Hop (maybe get people from your roll call to join you?).
http://www.cozumelbarhop.com/tours.aspx
820 Posts
Joined May 2000
Sounds great but does the bars have / use filtered water and ice?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thanks!!
rccl grandure of the seas 2000
rccl explorer of the seas 2001
grand princess 2002 (no kids)
grand princess 2003
rccl splender of the seas 2003 (no kids)
adventure of the seas 2004
msc Opera 11 night 2007
Disney Magic2008
MSC ORCHESTRA 2009
Disney Wonder 2009
MSC POESIA 2010 (With the girls!!)
MSC POESIA 2010 w/ FAMILY xoxo
Princess Ruby 2010 (with great friends!)
RCCL Freedom of the seas 2013
CELEBRITY EQUINOX 2017 w/ DH & MOM
Northern VA & DC
16,556 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Originally posted by dis2cruise
Yes! All of the tourist spots use purified water for ice, drink, cooking, etc.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Golf! A game invented by people who think good music comes from bagpipes.
2,575 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Originally posted by dis2cruise
Originally posted by JohninDC
Yes! All of the tourist spots use purified water for ice, drink, cooking, etc.
..But no electricity so cash only.
820 Posts
Joined May 2000
Thanks!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thanks!!
rccl grandure of the seas 2000
rccl explorer of the seas 2001
grand princess 2002 (no kids)
grand princess 2003
rccl splender of the seas 2003 (no kids)
adventure of the seas 2004
msc Opera 11 night 2007
Disney Magic2008
MSC ORCHESTRA 2009
Disney Wonder 2009
MSC POESIA 2010 (With the girls!!)
MSC POESIA 2010 w/ FAMILY xoxo
Princess Ruby 2010 (with great friends!)
RCCL Freedom of the seas 2013
CELEBRITY EQUINOX 2017 w/ DH & MOM
Maryland
1,385 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
I would not bring my kids on this tour and I wouldn't have appreciated a fellow hopper bringing a kid either.

Except for the first stop, there is no beach area to play, and the other stops are adult oriented. One featured bras and panties hanging from the roof and offered a "special photo album" of topless guests. The male bar staff wore aprons and would be more than happy to show you what they had underneath (fake). It was great fun and we laughed a lot, but I would have been horrified to have my kids with me and embarrassed for parents who walked into this unaware.

My review of our tour is in the following thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...2#post48409242

We are returning to Cozumel this summer, with our kids this time, and will probably return to Chankanaab. However, a taxi to Punta Morena, the first stop, would be a great choice for families.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cindy

My cruise blog. Links to photos, Cruise Critic Member Reviews and Cruise Critic photo reviews
Ft. Lauderdale
141 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
Originally posted by cyntil8ing
I would not bring my kids on this tour and I wouldn't have appreciated a fellow hopper bringing a kid either.

Except for the first stop, there is no beach area to play, and the other stops are adult oriented. One featured bras and panties hanging from the roof and offered a "special photo album" of topless guests. The male bar staff wore aprons and would be more than happy to show you what they had underneath (fake). It was great fun and we laughed a lot, but I would have been horrified to have my kids with me and embarrassed for parents who walked into this unaware.

My review of our tour is in the following thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...2#post48409242

We are returning to Cozumel this summer, with our kids this time, and will probably return to Chankanaab. However, a taxi to Punta Morena, the first stop, would be a great choice for families.
They actually do a Kids Hop that stops at Punta Morena, Chen Rio and Paradise Beach on the SW side. Might be an option for us. We'll see. . .thanks for the reply.
2,575 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
They actually do a Kids Hop that stops at Punta Morena, Chen Rio and Paradise Beach on the SW side. Might be an option for us. We'll see. . .thanks for the reply.
That was the tour I linked above
(http://www.cozumelbarhop.com/tours.aspx)
It was something Tom tried but unfortunately I have only heard of it running during school holidays and have never read a review. (The website says, tour unavailable.)

Personally I think it could be a great tour with kids - be sure to report back if you manage to book it and decide to try it. This tour visits beaches with plenty of room to run around or with activities, unlike the original tour and gives the adults a chance to sample the east side and maybe you will want to return at a later date.