Aft Cabins on equinox

swerdjr

IF the seas are rocky, then you will feel it more very far forward or very far aft. That is the science of it, and is true regardless of the experiences others have had. How much it bothers an individual is the only variable. If you are very prone to motion sickness those areas are the worst place to be if the seas are rocking. If you are concerned but really want to experience what many feel is the advantage of an aft cabin, consider where you are sailing, when you are sailing, and how many days at sea you have. One day at sea in a generally calm area? May be worth it. Several days at sea at a time of year the seas may be rough? You might not want to chance it.

I've been on several aft balconies, Equinox and Eclipse included. It's my favorite place for sea watching. Be aware however, that the aft balconies are not all the same size. And not every deck has the same configuration.

We always book aft cabins. We like them high up and at the back, S1s if they are available. Awesome views, quieter back there. Best place for sail away - not forward because there is nothing to see, but aft you can watch the skyline get smaller and smaller.

We aren't prone to motion sickness but you do feel it IF there are rough seas. I kind of like a bit of rock and rolling now and then, but I know many are very sensitive to it.

We were on a TA a few years ago and the captain re-routed to avoid 40 ft. seas but we still had 19 ft. seas for about 36 hours. It was very rough, but it didn't matter where on the ship you were - it was rough. We were in an aft suite that cruise but honestly even lower down on mid ship it was still "bad."

We book for the room we want, not for the possibility of rough seas.