CSI: NA Reloaded (Nieuw Amsterdam 11/30 to 12/14/14)

POA1

Awesome video.... thank you! I want that dessert :D

On another note, is poohbyjoe dot com registered yet? :D

that's a good question. Inquiring minds want to know:D

Is poohbyjoe dot com registered?:p:D

Do you know if the chocolate melting bowl can be ordered as an entrée?

Good question.

Along that same line, can both be ordered, but the Chocolate Bowl served before the entrée?

I hate it when there's no room for dessert. :rolleyes:

Do you know if the chocolate melting bowl can be ordered as an entrée?

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Why not? I've been known to order 3 escargot portions and a salad and that's my entrée.:) I have to say that I have never been refused a request in the MDR. On one cruise, on the second part of a btb, when it was time to order, my waiter smiled and asked "The usual, escargot, escargot, and escargot?". Love these guys.

I just hope that the Chocolate Bowl wasn't a one time thing. I've seen it on the Chef Rudi's Ultimate Party Dinner* menu, but this is the first time it was available as a regular Pinnacle dessert.

I'd hate to see a passenger mutiny if people are stuck with no Pinnacle Crème Brûlée and no Chocolate Bowl / Ball. Huskerchick's father would be okay, because he's rather fond of the Cherry Garcia Baked Alaska, but I'm pretty sure that he's in the minority.

While I understand that you might want to have a trio. Fill three balls. One with the white chocolate like the regular one. One with caramel for the appetizer. And finally, a peanut butter one for the entrée.

*I know it's called "The Master Chef Dinner." But if you learned anything about me in this thread, it's that I'm not above just making names up.

Edited by POA1

Good question.

Along that same line, can both be ordered, but the Chocolate Bowl served before the entrée?

I hate it when there's no room for dessert. :rolleyes:

Excellent idea!

You can consider the Chocolate Bowl a "soup".

Always best to eat dessert first, anyways.

I love chocolate but I'm wondering if that dessert is overkill. Was it really sweet? It likely wasn't large.

It wasn't big. DW said that she didn't find it overly sweet, but she's a known chocophile. You could have added a scoop of chocolate ice cream on top and put the whole thing on a brownie, and she'd have still been okay with it. ;)

It wasn't big. DW said that she didn't find it overly sweet, but she's a known chocophile. You could have added a scoop of chocolate ice cream on top and put the whole thing on a brownie, and she'd have still been okay with it. ;)

Oh man, clearly I'm an amateur :D;):p.

I so hate to see your, and Poohby Joe's, reports come to an end. They have been wonderful entertainment. How am I going to survive CC until your cruise in September? That is almost a year away!! You need to take more cruises before then so your fans will have something to read with our morning coffee. :p

Do you write an online blog somewhere about your daily life? Does Poohby Joe?

If not, you two should.

I have enjoyed every minute of your cruise, and I've also enjoyed the Wine 101 course. I've learned a lot.

The Christmas photos were awesome. Thanks so much for those. I don't have our tree up yet so I like Ruth's idea of printing some of those photos and hanging them ;)

May your Christmas be blessed and the new year filled with health and good cheer.

The Maasdam Zoo heffalump family send Christmas greetings to Poohby Joe (our cruise missed out on the melting chocolate balls, but we did get a zoo!)

In the spirit of the Holiday Season, peace negotiations have been opened between the members of the Hundred Acre Wood and the Heffalump Nation. (But not the Woozles. The Woozles are just plain bad.)

peace_on_earth.jpg

Edited by POA1

In the spirit of the Holiday Season, peace negotiations have been opened between the members of the Hundred Acre Wood and the Heffalump Nation. (But not the Woozles. The Woozles are just plain bad.)

peace_on_earth.jpg

You are amazing.......

The things you can make your computer do.

Love it..

What does a Woozy look like?

P1090499_zps88d0bbdb.jpg

GREAT photos. :) Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Always wonderful to see anything connected with Maasdam. :)

Edited by sail7seas

You are amazing.......

The things you can make your computer do.

Love it..

GREAT photos. :) Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Always wonderful to see anything connected with Maasdam. :)

That's not a computer generated. We just happened to have the bear & the elephant in a picture from the first cruise, back in November.

That's the beauty of digital cameras. You can take all kinds of random photos. You might need them. You might not. Either way, it doesn't cost anything. :)

That's not a computer generated. We just happened to have the bear & the elephant in a picture from the first cruise, back in November.

That's the beauty of digital cameras. You can take all kinds of random photos. You might need them. You might not. Either way, it doesn't cost anything. :)

Thanks for telling the 'real story'.....

In any case, a fun photo. :)