Where does the Oasis of the Seas dock in Cozumel?

sleepless

Is there anything to do in the immediate docking area? How far is it into town? Can you walk there? Do we need to take a taxi? Is there anything to do there? Lunch, museums, shopping?

DH and I are not interested in taking a tour. We do not go to the beaches nor do we snorkel. We are just looking to explore the port area for a couple of hours, pick up a couple trinkets, maybe have lunch, then head back to the ship.

Thanks.

RCI uses the International Pier. Town is a bit of a walk - several miles. Taxis are plentiful and prices are posted at the taxi stand at the pier. If the line is too long then walk out to the street, turn left and there are taxis waiting by the El Cid La Ceiba Hotel. It is about $7.00 each way into town per taxi, not per person. There is a museum towards the north end of town. It has a restaurant on the second floor that is quite good. There are plenty of other restaurants in town as well as plenty of shopping. Stores along the waterfront are more expensive - just go back a couple of streets and you can get some good deals. Be sure to bargain. If you are interested in Mayan ruins there is a small site on Cozumel - San Gervasio. It is off of the road that bisects the island north of town. You can get a tour or hire a taxi to go there. I hope you enjoy your day. Please get off the pier and have some fun in town. The people are friendly, food and drinks are great. So sorry you don't like the beach. We live 60 miles from Galveston and never go there to the beach, but fly to Cozumel all the time for the beach and to snorkle.

Thanks for the info. We will be sure to get the taxi into town. The museum in town sounds like something we would like to do. I am assuming that it centers around local history. It is not that we hate the beach; we will get our beach day when we dock at Labadee. We enjoyed our time at coco cay; I am sure we will enjoy Labadee.

Archived