Celebrity solstice 09/05/10

legalmaze

Hey!

Anyone else going?

My first time on Celebrity and looking forward to something different. I've been on Princess a number of times (15) not to mention Silversea (5), Regant (2) and Royal Caribbean (1).

Please join this thread if you're on the cruise.

Rick

Hey Rick!

Nice to see you on the board. We're not on your sailing but we just got back on Sunday from Solstce. A great trip!

Hey, Guys!!!

Thanks for your comment!!!!!

Too bad you're not on this cruise!

You guys are mega cruisers!!!!!!

I certainly hope we can reconnect! Cruise or non-cruise, either way.

Can you email me on your comments?

If you don't remember my email address, follow the red letters below...

rick8100 is at aol dot com.

Hope thie works!!!

All my best..

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, guys....we're a month apart. We're on the Solstice sailing August 8, 2010. Sailed on the Solstice's second revenue cruise a couple of years ago and had a blast. Looking forward to the return trip.

I am considering taking my Mom on this sailing as we just lost my Dad last month after a long illness. I was on a pre-inaugural Solstice sailing and loved her and have wanted to sail again so maybe I can make it happen. The martini bar was my favorite hang out - I love the Solstice.

I am considering taking my Mom on this sailing as we just lost my Dad last month after a long illness. I was on a pre-inaugural Solstice sailing and loved her and have wanted to sail again so maybe I can make it happen. The martini bar was my favorite hang out - I love the Solstice.

Steve,

I hope you can make this sailing. You're a very considerate son to take your Mom along, under the circumstances of loosing your Dad.

I think the Martini Bar is easily going to become my favorite hang out, too.

Rick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
We just returned from the Solstice this past Sunday. Friends of Dorothy gatherings were scheduled every evening at 8:00pm in the Molecular Bar on Deck 5.

Hi!

Thanks for the info!

I know from past experience not to base GLBT passenger count from these boards, as not everyone in on cruisecritic. I'll remain hopeful for a reasonable turn out at the gatherings.

How was Solstice? This is my first time on Celebrity.

Rick

Hi Frank & Lou! Thanks for dropping in. Have you checked out the main roll call? All the cruise critic posters have decided to mee at the Sun Set Bar at sail away.

Ryndam, thanks for the info on the meetings. I think we all appreciate the update. How was the turn out on your cruise?

Steve & Ed, too bad you won't be joining us - although you'll be cruising later, so it isn't that bad!

Rick

Sailed on Solstice 8/8-8/15. Our second time onboard. Great ship, great service, great cruise. Last cruise was in December 2008 with many GLBT Friends onboard. This cruise, maybe because it was summer, there were lots of families sailing together, lots of under 18's, lots of 18's-20's with their siblings and parents, and was probably the straightest cruise that we have sailed in years. Only met one gay and one lesbian couple. And we met them during lunch at the sushi station at the buffet. If there were more onboard, they kept completely to themselves.

Celebrity does post a notice in the daily activity paper everyday for various group meetings. (i.e. Friends of Dorothy, Friends of Bill W., Rotary, etc.) Meeting places and times are posted on a bulletin board next to the front desk on Deck 3.

There was a daily post for FOD at 8pm every night in the Molecular Bar, but we never, ever saw anyone, gay, straight or otherwise at the bar at 8pm, other than the waiters and the bartenders.

On our last cruise, the Martini Bar was the de facto gay bar onboard. Not so on this cruise. We had a great time anyway; we were traveling with 5 couples, so we made our own party, but this was definately a very, very straight cruise.

Sailed on Solstice 8/8-8/15. Our second time onboard. Great ship, great service, great cruise. Last cruise was in December 2008 with many GLBT Friends onboard. This cruise, maybe because it was summer, there were lots of families sailing together, lots of under 18's, lots of 18's-20's with their siblings and parents, and was probably the straightest cruise that we have sailed in years. Only met one gay and one lesbian couple. And we met them during lunch at the sushi station at the buffet. If there were more onboard, they kept completely to themselves.

Celebrity does post a notice in the daily activity paper everyday for various group meetings. (i.e. Friends of Dorothy, Friends of Bill W., Rotary, etc.) Meeting places and times are posted on a bulletin board next to the front desk on Deck 3.

There was a daily post for FOD at 8pm every night in the Molecular Bar, but we never, ever saw anyone, gay, straight or otherwise at the bar at 8pm, other than the waiters and the bartenders.

On our last cruise, the Martini Bar was the de facto gay bar onboard. Not so on this cruise. We had a great time anyway; we were traveling with 5 couples, so we made our own party, but this was definately a very, very straight cruise.

Thanks, again for the additional info.

I'm solo on this sailing and I'm keeping my expectations low regarding meeting other GLBT.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to meeting delightful people wanting to have some fun.

I'm certainly going to check out the Martini Bar, in addition to every other bar on the ship.

Heck, I can get a party started, anywhere.

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Archived