Pre Cruise Miami hotel- help me choose

disneylover89

We originally planned on staying at the Intercontinental Miami but once we added the extra $30 for each of our adult children (18 & 22) and the resort fee, the price was over $300 for 1 night and that is too much. We are looking to keep the cost at a max of $200 for our Aug 19 cruise.

We want to be in a safe neighborhood near restaurants. We liked the Bayside Market area. These are the hotels I came up with.

Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay

Hilton Miami Airport

Hampton Inn and Suites Miami Brickell Downtown

Homewood Suites by Hilton Miami - Airport West

Which do you like best? Do you have any other suggestions. TIA

We originally planned on staying at the Intercontinental Miami but once we added the extra $30 for each of our adult children (18 & 22) and the resort fee, the price was over $300 for 1 night and that is too much. We are looking to keep the cost at a max of $200 for our Aug 19 cruise.

We want to be in a safe neighborhood near restaurants. We liked the Bayside Market area. These are the hotels I came up with.

Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay

Hilton Miami Airport

Hampton Inn and Suites Miami Brickell Downtown

Homewood Suites by Hilton Miami - Airport West

Which do you like best? Do you have any other suggestions. TIA

We HATED the Inter-Continental.........

You made a good choice....:D:D

What about the Holiday Inn? The location is great, as it's right across the street from Bayside Marketplace, and CVS one block down......

5-10 minutes from the port.....

Nothing to add from the other properties you listed........

Good luck!!!:D

Take a look at the following hotels:

Marriott Marquis

Hampton Inn

JW Marriott

Holiday Inn Port Of Miami

Hyatt

Conrad Hilton

Some are located near Bayside and others near Mary Brickell Village. Personally I prefer the restaurants near Mary Brickell Village.

Keith

Of the 4 hotels you listed I would skip both of the airport hotels (unless you are arriving very late) and focus on the Marriott and the Hampton Inn. Some rooms at the Marriott will give you a view of the port - a great view to start your cruise! :) You can eat locally and shop near both, but there are more dining options near the Hampton inn which also includes free breakfast. Combined taxi fare (MIA to hotel/hotel to POM) should be about the same for both. Your call.

Have a great cruise! :)

Hampton Inn Brickell would be a great choice. The new Homewood Suites Brickell may also be open by then.

On last minute travel, I put 4 people in for the night before you cruise, the following hotels came back:

JW Marriott Marquis -$158.75

Homewood Suites Brickell -$119.67

Conrad Miami -$183.74

JW Marriott-$140.43

Any of these hotels would be great.

Hampton Inn Brickell would be a great choice. The new Homewood Suites Brickell may also be open by then.

On last minute travel, I put 4 people in for the night before you cruise, the following hotels came back:

JW Marriott Marquis -$158.75

Homewood Suites Brickell -$119.67

Conrad Miami -$183.74

JW Marriott-$140.43

Any of these hotels would be great.

I liked the JW Marriott Marquis but for the night of the 19th the total cost with a AAA discount is $280.24.

Thanks for all the replies!! I will try all the suggestions.

I was also looking for a pre-cruise hotel with shuttle service to POM. I found Comfort Suites which got good reviews for the hotel on trip advisor but said it was in a seedy area. Someone on my roll call booked Red Roof Inn+ but again trip advisor said it was dirty and run down. Anyone have any experience with these two hotels? And are there any stores nearby to buy soda and water?

We HATED the Inter-Continental.........

You made a good choice....:D:D

What about the Holiday Inn? The location is great, as it's right across the street from Bayside Marketplace, and CVS one block down......

5-10 minutes from the port.....

Nothing to add from the other properties you listed........

Good luck!!!:D

What is so bad about the Inter-Conti Hotel?

I have a Reservation for one night in October. Was a good deal (better then the Holiday Inn) but now I'm a bit unsure

What is so bad about the Inter-Conti Hotel?

I have a Reservation for one night in October. Was a good deal (better then the Holiday Inn) but now I'm a bit unsure

I loved the Intercontinental and have stayed there at least 3 times pre-cruise. No breakfast but a Starbucks in inside. It is a safe/close walk to Bayside Marketplace.

I also just stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Brickell. Very large rooms, excellent breakfast and convenient to restaurants and the people mover if you have time to venture out. My package included port shuttle, but it would be no more than a $20 taxi ride if you can get all 4 of you plus luggage into one vehicle. We did this going back to the hotel to retrieve our cars.

I would never recommend an airport hotel unless you arrive really late and just need to taxi to the port in the morning.

I was also looking for a pre-cruise hotel with shuttle service to POM. I found Comfort Suites which got good reviews for the hotel on trip advisor but said it was in a seedy area. Someone on my roll call booked Red Roof Inn+ but again trip advisor said it was dirty and run down. Anyone have any experience with these two hotels? And are there any stores nearby to buy soda and water?

Both are in unattractive areas near the MIA airport. There was a report posted last year about a cruiser getting robbed in the parking lot of the Comfort Suites. :eek: Not sure about stores nearby, or if I would want to venture out of my room after dark.

Do not focus on hotels with free shuttles to POM - a taxi from MIA airport hotels to POM is only $30 for the cab; Uber will be even cheaper. Find a hotel that meets your needs and arrange for your own transportation. Unless you are arriving late I would avoid MIA airport area hotels, or at least limit your search to a nicer area like Blue Lagoon.

We have stayed at Hyatt Place ( (Doral) twice. No issues at all

Also Residence Inn ( Airport) gated complex with a Marriott and a Courtyard as part of the complex. Took a cab to a couple of bars in the Doral area and back with No issues.

The Courtyard has a sports bar located in it. Champs I believe.

Is it the best area of Miami probably not but we never felt unsafe!

I liked the JW Marriott Marquis but for the night of the 19th the total cost with a AAA discount is $280.24.

Thanks for all the replies!! I will try all the suggestions.

either check on lmtclub.com or call them and you can get the JW Marriott Marquis for the night of the 19th for $158.75. I just checked and it showed up as available for 4 adults for that price.

they do make you pay for the room now however it can be canceled up until a few days prior.

either check on lmtclub.com or call them and you can get the JW Marriott Marquis for the night of the 19th for $158.75. I just checked and it showed up as available for 4 adults for that price.

they do make you pay for the room now however it can be canceled up until a few days prior.

Thanks! I will try that.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami last year and are staying again this year. Room was nice and all the staff were great. If you stay don't plan on eating at their restaurant it is not all that great unless you want french onion soup(only thing they had that I would call good).

Just stayed at Intercontinental on the 22nd and it was wonderful. When I originally booked our rooms they were 400, but about 6 weeks prior they dropped to just over 200. If you really want to stay there keep checking prices. We walked along the water to Bayside 5-10 min. Great views. 1 room was city view the other was port view. Starbucks for breakfast right in the lobby. 5 minute cab ride to port

Our second choice was Hampton Inn Brickell. I actually had both hotels reserved until we decided we really wanted to be near Bayside.

Holiday Inn and YVE are both right accross the street from Bayside.

We have booked (1 night) Embassy Suites by the airport for our Jan cruise . Everyone says avoid airport hotels because of seedy area. Should we change to POM area ?

If you are arriving late and just want a room, a drink and dinner it is fine. If you are arriving earlier in the day and want to explore Miami then choose another place to stay.

If you are arriving late and just want a room, a drink and dinner it is fine. If you are arriving earlier in the day and want to explore Miami then choose another place to stay.

Probably won't be arriving late , but don't plan to go anywhere . Sounds like all we need , thanks

I have booked Hyatt Place Miami Airport East, for 125..is has free airport shuttle but you have to pay for cruise shuttle. I also was able to get JW marriott, for 140 but with no airport shuttle, i am just seeing dollar signs...the hyatt also offers a hot breakfast for free..fancier places breakfast can be as much as $33 a person!!..and I can go without but sometimes the kids or husband can't...

I would love to find a place with free wifi, free breakfast and free airport and cruise shuttle....

Probably won't be arriving late , but don't plan to go anywhere . Sounds like all we need , thanks

You can also check out the Marriott Complex ( Residence Inn, Courtyard, Nd Marriott). Stayed at Residence inn last year and are staying again this year. It's in the airport area.

Gated complex. Residence Inn has a decent breakfast( included).

Also they have 2 bedroom suites available.

Hyatt Place ( Doral) is decent also. Again hot b/ fast available.

We have booked (1 night) Embassy Suites by the airport for our Jan cruise . Everyone says avoid airport hotels because of seedy area. Should we change to POM area ?

Understand that the Embassy Suites at the airport is not up to Embassy standards like the majority of this chain's hotels. Keep looking as you get closer to January as long as your EM reservation is refundable. Book new one, cancel EMS. It will be a $30 per taxi fee to the port as well.