Happy Passover

babylene

Hi! I don't know about anyone else...but I seem to be spending most of my time in the kitchen! This has not been too good for my weight. I didn't even weigh in this week, because I was unhappy about that. Today, the scale was a little more friendly, so here I am!!!

Best wishes for a happy Passover to Miriam, Pam, Carolyn and whoever I left out....sorry...please clue me in!

Don't eat too much, ladies! Oy Vay!!!!!

Baby,
Miss your posts...
a Happy and Healthy Passover to all who celebrate.
With Mike away and my parents (elderly) 2 hrs away and both in failing health I haven't even given much thought to doing much for the holiday and unf. haven't been "good" w/my WOE either.. major stress w/juggling mds. from a distance.
Think I'll have to figure out how to make matza brei for Libby and Alex for breakfast this week since I still have a couple of boxes left over and she's been having french toast sticks for a while.. don't want her having to much choomotz (not sure if I spelled it right.. y'all know what I mean lol).
Carolyn

Thanks, Baby, and a happy Passover to all that celebrate! We're not doing anything this year. My mom, who lives with me, has been in the hospital since Thursday, with pneumonia and heart problems. She may be coming home today, but I won't know till later. Even if she does, I am somewhat estranged from my siblings, and I will NOT go all out and make a seder, for my kids, who appreciate little. Geez! I cook for them almost every day as it is! I probably *will* make dinner a *little* more traditional than the usual... Maybe some matzah ball soup, and a brisket???

Pam : )
Emerald Seas 6/20/83
Nordic Empress 6/93
Imagination 3/30/00
Ecstasy 9/4/00
Majesty of the Seas 10/27/00
Triumph 12/16/00
Radiance of the Seas
3/26/01 & 3/29/01
Crown Odyssey 6/24/01
Golden Princess 10/11/01
Spirit 11/11/01
Sensation GGC 1/13/02
Sovereign of the Seas 3/24/02
Imagination 5/18/02
Pride 11/2/02
Explorer of the Seas 3/29/03
Enchantment of the Seas 9/1/03
Serenade of the Seas 10/28/03
Grand Princess 11/16/03

check out my pics at [url="http://community.webshots.com/user/lunyma"]http://community.webshots.com/user/lunyma[/url]

Thanks Baby...
Pam.. hope your Mom gets on the road to a complete recovery. My Dad has had a history of pneumonia and the last time he was hospitalized a "good friend" of the family (and also an MD.. though not Dad's) told him as soon as he could to go home.. it's better to recoup. there.. But it's a LONG time before she'll feel somewhat 100%. Mike (DH) had it 4 years ago and was almost hospitalized.. as it was he had a horible reaction to the meds... took him several months to get the strength and energy back.
BTW, anybody have a recipe for a "kitchen" challenged Mom for matza brei... I think I have all the ingredients.. will probably make it on their day off when I don't have to watch the clock to get them out the door.
Carolyn

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>BTW, anybody have a recipe for a "kitchen" challenged Mom for matza brei... I think I have all the ingredients.. will probably make it on their day off when I don't have to watch the clock to get them out the door.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't have an actual recipe, and I have to admit, I have never made it myself. I do however,remember my mom making it when I was a kid. I think you just make it somewhat like french toast! Soak Matzah pieces in egg and a pinch of salt (a little longer than you would bread), and just fry in oil... at least that's what I remember??? I'll bet ya Baby knows how to make it!

Pam : )
Emerald Seas 6/20/83
Nordic Empress 6/93
Imagination 3/30/00
Ecstasy 9/4/00
Majesty of the Seas 10/27/00
Triumph 12/16/00
Radiance of the Seas
3/26/01 & 3/29/01
Crown Odyssey 6/24/01
Golden Princess 10/11/01
Spirit 11/11/01
Sensation GGC 1/13/02
Sovereign of the Seas 3/24/02
Imagination 5/18/02
Pride 11/2/02
Explorer of the Seas 3/29/03
Enchantment of the Seas 9/1/03
Serenade of the Seas 10/28/03
Grand Princess 11/16/03

check out my pics at [url="http://community.webshots.com/user/lunyma"]http://community.webshots.com/user/lunyma[/url]

Pam, you flatter me. I just Make It. I soak the matzo (plain or egg) in eggs (one egg for each matzo) I like to add a little milk, salt & pepper. I put a drop of butter in a teflon pan and make it like scrambled eggs. The kids like it...I am not tempted.

Better kid-recipe....shmear pizza sauce on matzo. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella. Bake till it melts. (the kids like to make this themselves).

Have fun! We are having such small seders this year...but I still cooked up a storm. I'll have enough food for the week! My older son moved out a couple of months ago, so I will give him Care Packages.

Baby and everyone, I hope you all celebrated your holiday the way you wanted and had a good time.
Carolyn and Pam, hope your parents and mother are feeling better.

Archived