Egypt Private Excursions

Arlenedow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I think its not recommended if you suffer from heart problems, back pains or breathing. consequences might be not good

best of luck and I wish you a great tour with EPE

terry

Thanks for your helpful comments.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Can we go inside a pyramid:confused:

Yes, you can. Tickets can be tough to come by (so I read on the other forum threads) in busy times. We were there in March, and our guide got tickets for our group of 6 into the Great Pyramid.

Inside, you will need to stoop to climb up the ramps to the main chambers. So, you will be in a confined space, stooped over, climbing. We were all reasonably fit 50-somethings, and none of us had a problem physically. One of us was pretty claustrophobic, and me somewhat, but we both did okay (though I was *very* glad it was not crowded inside).

You can stand up in the main chamber(s). It's lit inside, but I had a flashlight (just in case :eek:) for good measure.

Also, it's pretty spartan inside - nothing like the vibrant decoration in the tombs in the Valleys of the Kings and Queens. Still, I can look at a picture of it and say, "I was inside there!" :)

Yes, you can. Tickets can be tough to come by (so I read on the other forum threads) in busy times. We were there in March, and our guide got tickets for our group of 6 into the Great Pyramid.

Inside, you will need to stoop to climb up the ramps to the main chambers. So, you will be in a confined space, stooped over, climbing. We were all reasonably fit 50-somethings, and none of us had a problem physically. One of us was pretty claustrophobic, and me somewhat, but we both did okay (though I was *very* glad it was not crowded inside).

You can stand up in the main chamber(s). It's lit inside, but I had a flashlight (just in case :eek:) for good measure.

Thanks for your informations :p

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would love to budget my trip so I need to know what is the average of the appropriate tipping:confused:

i hope this might help. the prices are based on Egyptian pounds

Waiter/waitress at breakfast restaurant at hotel: 5-10 LE pr. meal

Waiter at cruise: 50 LE once if on a week long cruise. Less if cruise is shorter. You will most likely have the same waiter for the whole cruise. Of course, if your waiter does not provide a good service, you should reconsider how much you prefer to tip.

Driver taking you sightseeing full day: 50 LE (Full days are usually only in Cairo)

Guide taking you sightseeing full day: 80-100 LE (Full days are usually only in Cairo)

Driver taking you sightseeing half day: 25 LE

Guide taking you sightseeing half day: 40-50 LE

Waiter at lunch restaurant in connection to sightseeing: 5-10 LE

Feluccaman taking you sailing for one hour: 10 LE (if the agreed price for the trip does not include tips)

Guards around the sites: 1-2 LE

"Groundskeeper" in mosques (the man handing you shoe-covers, showing you special things etc): 1-5 LE

thanks

terry

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
i hope this might help. the prices are based on Egyptian pounds

Waiter/waitress at breakfast restaurant at hotel: 5-10 LE pr. meal

Waiter at cruise: 50 LE once if on a week long cruise. Less if cruise is shorter. You will most likely have the same waiter for the whole cruise. Of course, if your waiter does not provide a good service, you should reconsider how much you prefer to tip.

Driver taking you sightseeing full day: 50 LE (Full days are usually only in Cairo)

Guide taking you sightseeing full day: 80-100 LE (Full days are usually only in Cairo)

Driver taking you sightseeing half day: 25 LE

Guide taking you sightseeing half day: 40-50 LE

Waiter at lunch restaurant in connection to sightseeing: 5-10 LE

Feluccaman taking you sailing for one hour: 10 LE (if the agreed price for the trip does not include tips)

Guards around the sites: 1-2 LE

"Groundskeeper" in mosques (the man handing you shoe-covers, showing you special things etc): 1-5 LE

thanks

terry

Thank you terry:p

• 6 months later...

We used Egypt Private Excursions for our overnight tour of Cairo in October. We loved them, and Ayman was an excellent guide. From what I understand, their website was hacked a few months back, and their website is now egypt ports of call dot com.

When I thanked H David for our wonderful excursion in October, he asked me to let others know that their website had changed to Egypt Ports of Call. They had been hacked in September and the website and email address were down, but they were working on fixing the problem. It seems as if both websites are valid.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

In 2011 I organized a trip to Cairo to Port Said with them, We hope to be on true World Cruise of Holland America and will be in Safaga from early morning until midnight on April 2nd. What tours do you recommend from the port to see the Valley of the Kings?

• 3 months later...

I booked a cruise which is meant to be stopping in Egypt. I am very optimistic that the cruise will still top in Egypt as the Itinerary due to most countries lifting all travel restrictions to Egypt. I am hoping to join a group for tours in Cairo when it docks to help me reduce the price of the extra trips for the whole cruise. Does anyone know of any groups that are already in existence? The cruise will also stop in Port Said - has anyone been here before and is it worth taking a tour once we dock?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We used Ramses this past October. We were a group of 12 - mostly US Citizens. The driver, guard, and guide were great. The problem was with the port authorities - the General there decided to pull us over - just because - and kept us sitting there in the dark surrounded by military - for an hour. We were already running late (pulled over to check tires and were held up there as we were leaving Cairo) so we barely made it back to the ship.

Another couple also had an issue on another Ramses private tour with a medical problem with their driver.

We did tons of private and DIY tours on the 21 day cruise, and it would say that Pt. said /Egypt I would pay the extra of the ship if I had to do it over again. There was more safety and less 'feeling of being messed with because we were Americans' in larger numbers. None of which was Ramses fault. It was just the situation there.

• 1 month later...

I booked a cruise which is meant to be stopping in Egypt.

Departure Date: January 10, 2015

The Trip: Cunard's Queen Elizabeth is embarking on a 112-night world cruise, roundtrip from Southampton, but passengers can opt for variations, including departures from New York, Fort Lauderdale, Los Angeles and other ex-North America homeports for slightly shorter or longer voyages. Journey highlights include visits to American Samoa, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China and Egypt, returning May 2.

• 2 months later...
. It is a never ending powder keg over there.

Agreed.

But if folk are keen to visit, that demonstrates that there's little point in waiting til things settle down - cos sadly that's unlikely to happen in our lifetime.

Both Egypt & Israel are fascinating, but we were put off by the grief & uncertainty for literally decades.

Eventually we took the plunge. Have since visited Egypt (3 times) and Israel, with no problem, and very glad that we did. The vast vast majority of cruises to those places have been uninterrupted & trouble-free.

Everywhere there's a risk of ports being cancelled for a variety of reasons - weather, mechanical gremlins, industrial action, civil unrest.

Yes, the risk of civil unrest (or worse) there is greater, but its the chance you take if you want to see the world. Trouble today doesn't mean trouble next year, or next month, or even next week, so the current situation isn't something worth considering when booking a cruise

And you're more likely to be involved in an accident on the road to your local airport than coming to harm in either Egypt or Israel ;)

JB :)

• 2 months later...