Buying train tickets online - Germany

We are traveling to the Baltics on the 20 May sailing of the Eurodam. We have seen much information, mostly by Travelanni, about how to get train tickets for the regional trains. I have been to the DB Bahn website and looked at buying tickets now for our travels. BTW, they also have an Iphone app that you can buy from. Cool.

My concern is what if our ship is late and we miss the time we bought the ticket for. Can we use the same ticket for a later train, or earlier if that works out?

We are looking at buying tickets for both Kiel-Lubeck and Warnermunde-Wismar.

Thanks!

We are traveling to the Baltics on the 20 May sailing of the Eurodam. We have seen much information, mostly by Travelanni, about how to get train tickets for the regional trains. I have been to the DB Bahn website and looked at buying tickets now for our travels. BTW, they also have an Iphone app that you can buy from. Cool.

My concern is what if our ship is late and we miss the time we bought the ticket for. Can we use the same ticket for a later train, or earlier if that works out?

We are looking at buying tickets for both Kiel-Lubeck and Warnermunde-Wismar.

Thanks!

If you book one of the "Saver" tickets you are locked in to the train and time for which you booked the ticket. Miss the train and you'll have to buy a new ticket at the higher "Non-Saver" price.

If you book one of the "Saver" tickets you are locked in to the train and time for which you booked the ticket. Miss the train and you'll have to buy a new ticket at the higher "Non-Saver" price.

Not sure what is meant by "saver" tickets. On the DB Bahn website it shows 2 trains running hourly from Kiel to Lubeck. One is the RB and the other the RE train. Both are 18 Euro per person one way. The RE(express) trains leaves at 44 minutes after the hour, on the hour. The first at 9:44, then 10:44 etc.

If I buy the 9:44 but don't make it on time, can I use the ticket for the 10:44?

If your staying in the Northern Area you can buy a day ticket for up to 4 people. This will work on the RE and RB trains, but not the IC, and ICE's.

http://www.bahn.com/i/view/USA/en/prices/germany-regional/schleswig-holstein-ticket.shtml

Good advice! This is the ticket we bought for the May 8th sailing for use in Kiel to Hamburg. It is a very good deal for more than one person. Issue is it only applies AFTER 9 AM on a weekday. If you leave before that you will need a single ride ticket for the station(s) up to 9AM. (use two tickets for the outward). We are there on a Saturday so no issue for us. Also, it is not good for the bus in Kiel. We plan to walk or taxi to the Kiel station.

This type of regional ticket is also available in Warnemunde.