Noise levels Pacific Eden

Sanjanjo

Hi I am booked on Pacific Eden for a xmas cruise but am in a cabin on deck 4. now Iam worried about noise levels re engines etc.. can anyone tell me if they have cruised on Eden and on deck 4 if they have experienced noise levels this far down the ship?

You would need to give an approximate cabin number/area for someone to answer this. Engine noise/vibration is generally only an issue when you're closer to the rear of the ship. If you're toward the front and in an outside room, you'll be able to go to sleep to the soothing sounds of the bow coming down off the swell.

I am joining a cruise on PE in Singapore on 27th & have a cabin further aft than yours on the same deck. I will update you on noise levels in September.

Last year spent 30 days on the same vessel - Statendam's last voyage for HAL.

Although I was in an upper deck cabin I visited several cabins on decks 4,5 & 6 & did not hear any noise or feel vibration from the engine room which is not under deck 4 but further down. Right aft there can be propeller vibration but did not notice any.

Both the ex HAL vessels are great small cruise ships in very good condition & it's a pity P&O Au. messed up with a lot of poor staff at the beginning - last year.

• 5 weeks later...

Sanjanjo

Have just returned from our 14 day cruise from Singapore to Cairns on Pacific Eden.

We had cabin 4211 starboard aft window.

Apart from the normal fan noise there was very little ship noise other than a slight propeller vibration at full speed.

The ship is well run, with good food & entertainment.