Trying once more for feedback

atlantic cruiser

Since I have had only one response thought I would try once moe re .cat C cabins aft? WOndering also is this cruise too strenuous for seniors with mild mobility issues (arthritis issues)? thinking about the tendering .Certainly able to walk well still not sure. Wondering also about heat tolerance. We do fine in Hawaii and Caribbean, but is this really extreme and how do you cope? Thanks Rhonda

Since I have had only one response thought I would try once moe re .cat C cabins aft? WOndering also is this cruise too strenuous for seniors with mild mobility issues (arthritis issues)? thinking about the tendering .Certainly able to walk well still not sure. Wondering also about heat tolerance. We do fine in Hawaii and Caribbean, but is this really extreme and how do you cope? Thanks Rhonda

Heat is NOT extreme. Typically you will have mid to high 80's. Its been hotter in New Jersey this summer. Humidity can be high - depends on time of year you are going.

Ship is small. Not too much walking no matter where your cabin is. Tendering you do have to go up and down a staircase and sometimes the swells can make boarding an adventure. If you have to have a balcony, save some money and get a "D" category on deck 6. You will find most of us "repeaters" here don't bother with balcony cabins. That's how we are all repeaters. Mild mobility issues? Not a problem on this ship in my opinion.

No, there are lots of seniors on the PG, and the tendering is fairly easy. There is a set of metal stairs that you have to maneuver down, but there's always help available, and when you step onto the tender you can have two sets of arms helping you if you need them.

As twin says, the heat is not extreme at all, except perhaps on land, away from the sea. The sun is very strong, and you need to seek shade at times, and bring sufficient sun protection. Good hats, sunscreen, sunglasses. I bring a loose long-sleeved shirt or two to cover my arms, since I get sun poisoning really easily.

There was only one trip where I felt the heat and humidity was uncomfortable, and that was in April, during their summer.

My husband has mild mobility issues, and I have looming issues, but we'll be going back next year, when he will be 74 and I will be 69.

Those who have mobility issues may want to reconsider the Marquesa cruise since nearly all island visits require tender transfers which with the swells can be a difficult transfer even with fully able passengers. The ship hires locals who help with the boat transfers and make one feel very safe doing it.

We have enjoyed all of the usual PG itineraries and this one is the only one where transferring via tender was a bit unsettling.