taxi from Montego Bay to Dunn River Falls

okrunnergirl

My family and I are cruising in July and our port is in Montego Bay, but I've been told that Dunn River Falls is amazing. I really don't want to do it as an excursion through the cruise line because of the price for my family of 6. So I'm wondering if anyone know what the cost would be for a taxi from Montego Bay to the falls.

Its about a 1.5 hour drive TO the falls and another 1.5 hours FROM the falls.

I can only imagine a taxi being quite expensive.

Not even factoring in the boredom factor of a long time on a bus with kids

cost to the falls is 20 bucks a person.

what is the cruiseline charging?

there are some companies out there that charge 69.00pp for round trip transportation and park entrance fee

http://jcvtt.com/services/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26_29&products_id=164

but note-- the ship will not wait for you if there is a problem

Edited by serene56

look into Mayfield Falls

not as large as Dunns .... but MUCH closer to Montego

I've been to DRF MANY times since the 80's and there is NO way I'd take an excursion from Montego. Too long of a ride in Jamacian roads for me.

Edited by Capt_BJ

Can you tell me how long a ride it really is from Falmouth to DRF? I have been corresponding with Peat Taylor, and he indicated it is only about 45 min. Is this "Jamaica time"?

Thanks!

SP

Its about 40 miles

So I'm guessing 40mi. on Jamaican highways would be a "stretch" at best to say 45 minutes?? More like the 1 1/2hr. other posters have indicated?

SP

Falmouth and Montego bay are still distance from each other- these are not the same place.

add another 20 miles from Falmouth to Montego bay.

(streets are not like the streets here

• 1 year later...

Dunn's River Falls and Shopping Tours From Montego Bay Pier is $85.00

Dunn's River Falls is Jamaica's number one visited tour attraction on the island and is about one and a half hours drive from montego bay. This attraction is located in the parish of Saint Ann, Ocho Rios and this primier tour offers a 600 ft falls for climbing while its natural water massages your body and relax your mind, this makes Dunn's River Falls & Park the perfect environment for fun and relaxation.

So I'm guessing 40mi. on Jamaican highways would be a "stretch" at best to say 45 minutes?? More like the 1 1/2hr. other posters have indicated?

SP

The highway between Montego Bay - past Falmouth and to Ocho Rios is a fast, highway. Not the tiny, curvy scary roads it used to be. It took us only 2.5 hrs to go from Negril to Ocho Rios. I think it's only 40-50 minutes from Falmouth to Dunns River. The highways along the north coast of Jamaica are VASTLY improved over years past.