Arizona Memorial

MilVet

Had a discussion with the National Park Service ticket concession company after trying to purchase tickets on-line for the Memorial. Seems like the geniuses at NPS changed how far in advance you can purchase tickets...it's now 24 hours. I have written my Congressman about this...if you are as "disappointed" as me about this change, please write yours.

This is one reason why we booked our Pearl Harbor tour through a tour company ( Roberts). They take care of the tickets for you. I think they are the only one allowed to stop at the Punchbowl as well. Well worth it to me to avoid the hassle. We had heard stories of sell outs, long waits, etc.

Did they give any reason for the new 24 hour rule? It does seem that it could be problematic with trip planning when you can't purchase any further out than that.

We just purchased our tickets about 2 weeks ago for this December. Our TA advised us to purchase well in advance since the tickets sell out very quickly.

I am sorry to hear that they have changed the process.

This is one reason why we booked our Pearl Harbor tour through a tour company ( Roberts). They take care of the tickets for you. I think they are the only one allowed to stop at the Punchbowl as well. ......

I don't think any tour buses are allowed to stop in the Punchbowl anymore. We were on a Roberts tour that included it, and the driver said they were no longer allowed to stop. We did a slow loop through the drive, and that was it.

You'll have to take a taxi, rental car, or other transportation if you want to get out and walk around in the Punchbowl.

As Video Tech said, no tour buses are permitted to stop to allow any passengers off while in Punchbowl.

Chuck

Thanks for the info. I guess things have changed since the report I read. I had read that the view was wonderful from there!

You have to walk...a very short, well paved walkway, to the view area, and yes it is nice, as is the entire Punchbowl visit. I feel it is a must do for sure.

Allow plenty of time to explore and see all there is within the Punchbowl.

Chuck

You have to walk...a very short, well paved walkway, to the view area, and yes it is nice, as is the entire Punchbowl visit. I feel it is a must do for sure.

Allow plenty of time to explore and see all there is within the Punchbowl.

Chuck

We are doing the Pearl Harbor tour through Robert's prior to our cruise, so we'll just get a drive through Punchbowl that day. But afer the cruise we'll be picking up a rental car for our trip to the North Shore for a few days. We plan to drive to Punchbowl, park and walk around the am we head out. I also see that the Tantalus and Round Top Drives are very near the Punchbowl areas, so we'll probably do that as well.

We are interested in visiting only the Pearl Harbor Memorial. I searched through several companies looking for this specific tour, including hotel pick-up & drop-off. I came across this company & booked with them for our upcoming trip... at a very reasonable rate.

Just checked out your recommendation. It's about @21 less than Roberts, but also around 2 hours shorter. Took the Roberts tour 2 weeks ago. The shorter one is probably adequate but is not as inclusive - depends on how much you want to see. Looks like they leave out the Pacific Aviation Museum at a minimum.

Just checked out your recommendation. It's about @21 less than Roberts, but also around 2 hours shorter. Took the Roberts tour 2 weeks ago. The shorter one is probably adequate but is not as inclusive - depends on how much you want to see. Looks like they leave out the Pacific Aviation Museum at a minimum.

That is correct, however, all we were looking for was a tour to the Arizona Memorial, that's why I chose them over Robert's.

Had a discussion with the National Park Service ticket concession company after trying to purchase tickets on-line for the Memorial. Seems like the geniuses at NPS changed how far in advance you can purchase tickets...it's now 24 hours. I have written my Congressman about this...if you are as "disappointed" as me about this change, please write yours.

Thanks for the info. A good head's up for all.:)

We went there in December..... walked in, got tix for about an hour later... no problem. Maybe it was an off day, but had no issues as walk ons per se

We took THE BUS to Pearl Harbor a few years ago; and, as stated, just walked in a registered for tickets to the Memorial. We had about 1-1/2 hours to wait, which we used to see other things located there. It was on a weekday, if I recall. No problem getting to Pearl on the bus line, and very cost effective, particularly if you are a senior.