Bringing wine on ships

You're allowed one 750ml sealed container of wine or champange carried on per adult over 21 with Carnival. They don't care what the container is as long as it is the correct volume (or less) and sealed by the vinyard. Nor do they care how you transport it on board, ie. a naked bottle in hand, carefully wrapped & placed in your roll-on bag, or in an insulated bag worn messenger style. If you do forget to move the spirits from your check-luggage after a flight, leaving the wine in packed in your cruise's checked luggage regardless of what it's packaged in it's most likely going to be confiscated.

I have heard of couples combining their allotments to bring aboard 1 box of wine for the 2 of them. But some older posting have noted some of the port security personel have given them problems about the 1 box for 2 people since the boxes general exceed the 750ml individual limit. Additionally it might be hard to chill the boxed wine.

I always bring a box of wine larger than the 750ml packed in my checked luggage and never have had a problem. It has always been there when I get my bags. Maybe I have been just lucky.

It looks like most of your cruises were on Princess. They are not nearly as strict as Carnival

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We usually take two bottles of wine each , and we bring them in our carry on, a little trick so you don't have a broken bottle is. Get the little pool floaties(from the dollar store) that go on childrens arms, that you can inflate and deflate and put one around each bottle of wine , inflate a little and that protects the bottle, then if you want to bring any breakable gifts home with you , you can use it for packing item.and it is no big loss to leave it behind. Or deflate and put in bottom of your suitcase, weighs nothing. And don't forget a bottle opener :)

Cori

• 2 weeks later...

I recently went on a Carnival cruise. I was easily able to bring a bottle of wine on the cruise. My travel partner and I both wanted to sneak alcohol onto the ship. I emptied my bottle of red wine and filled it with Jack Daniels. I used a bottle of wine with a twist off cap and made it look like it had not been opened. The security did not even look at the bottle and just let me in. I was able to save a lot of money by bringing my own whiskey on board.

My travel partner drinks vodka. He decided to buy a six pack of waters and fill one of the bottles with the vodka. When he brought it in, the security grabbed the six pack and knew immediately which one had the vodka in it by looking at the bubbles. Apparently, they are trained to notice the difference between water and clear alcohol just by the physical appearance of the liquid.

[

quote=CruiseLover19852012;34053914] I emptied my bottle of red wine and filled it with Jack Daniels. I used a bottle of wine with a twist off cap and made it look like it had not been opened.

How did you manage to make the twist off cap look like it had not been opened???

• 3 weeks later...
Does Norwegian Cruise Lines let you bring wine or liquor on board?

Yes you can bring wine but there is a $15.00 corkage fee per bottle and according to the NCL Board that included not only having it at a restaurant but in your room.

Keith

Thought it might be worth clarifying HAL's policy. It's the best of the lines. You can take as much wine as you want at embarkation AND in every port. We think it's far better than the others. Gives you flexibility, saves money and makes you feel that you are not being told what to do on holiday!:D

Archived