Indian Vegetarian dinner

mom2girlsVT

Has anyone tried the Indian Vegetarian dish offered in the dining room on the first night (I believe)? If so, looking for your thoughts on how it was. I hate to give up the ribs that are offered that night, but I'm hoping to try new things this time....and the Indian dish would definitely be new for me! Thanks!

Indian food is wonderfully complex, and full of spices that are good for you (like turmeric, which is a powerful anti-inflammatory that may have a protective effect against many diseases; fenugreek, which helps stabilize blood glucose levels and reduces blood cholesterol; and cumin, which is loaded with antioxidants). Once you try it, you'll never go back to bland American food that tastes of nothing but salt. (Kidding. Somewhat. :D)

Why not give it a try? If you don't like it, you can order something else or go to the buffet.

If you want a Indian treat of real Indian ... go ask the maitre d' and you can order it 24 hours in advance at dinner. My waiter didnt believe they were going to give me a whole dinner full so he talked me into ordering more ....and again it was half a dozen items and way more than one person can eat. The whole table got to sample too.

Its better and the real thing which I prefer. You cant get it the first night, but order it ahead of time for any other night.

PS Indian food is the only nationality you can order like this, because most ships have Indian cooks I was told.

I have the Indian dish in the MDR everytime I cruise and the spice level is always different. Sometimes it's hot, hot, hot and sometimes medium. Maybe you can request the amount of spiciness. I do like the fact that each item is separate on the plate so you can sample all and eat what you like with no problem. Try it, I think you'll enjoy.

Just order both the Indian sampler and the ribs. Many people routinely order two or more entrees. BTW, that is what I did...ended up finishing the Indian sampler and leaving some of the ribs.

I always get the Indian "dinner" for a side dish! :rolleyes:

So now I've learned that ribs are on the MDR menu the first night and an Indian vegetarian dinner. How do you learn this and more? If I see something I like, am I to order it because I might not see it again? Is that how it works? Do they not offer the same thing twice? Thanks

So now I've learned that ribs are on the MDR menu the first night and an Indian vegetarian dinner. How do you learn this and more? If I see something I like, am I to order it because I might not see it again? Is that how it works? Do they not offer the same thing twice? Thanks

Here's a sample of a 5 day cruise menu. You can order as much as you want off the menu. The menu changes nightly.

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/Blog_2009/menus.pdf

Here's a sample of a 5 day cruise menu. You can order as much as you want off the menu. The menu changes nightly.

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/Blog_2009/menus.pdf

Thank for the link. Do you find out the menu for the entire ship when you get on board? Or is it just different every night and you view the menu at dinner? We don't want to miss the night when lobster is served, and we want to try Nick & Nora's one night too. Thanks.

Thank for the link. Do you find out the menu for the entire ship when you get on board? Or is it just different every night and you view the menu at dinner? We don't want to miss the night when lobster is served, and we want to try Nick & Nora's one night too. Thanks.

Lobster is on the first elegant night. You can also order it when you go to the Steakhouse.

I've never seen where the entire menu for the week is posted. Usually you can see the menu daily on the TV in your cabin or after lunch by the dining room. I've only been on 3 Carnival cruises so I may be missing something.

I always order this. It is one of the few meals that I look forward to. Sometimes it is hot spicy and sometimes it is mild spicy. It all depends if the chef has a heavy hand with the spices that day or not. Also this last time, I only got a 1/4 piece of Naan bread instead of getting a full piece.

This is what I had on my last cruise on the Paradise in May.

Going Clockwise: Naan bread, Roasted Vegetables, Cottage Cheese (Paneer) & Peas, Chickpeas, Rice

IndiandinnerinMDR.jpg

Archived