Alcohol package on carnival

mika.carden

The value of a drink package really will depend on how much you anticipate drinking. For us it is not worth it. We may have a a couple of drinks throughout the day and evening, but will mainly drink ice water especially in warmer climate. Other people may drink different beverages all day.

Another thing to think about is how many days in port you have. There will be days when you may not be on the ship for the majority of your day but you are still paying for the drink package. Some people still get their monies worth on a port day because they may drink a few beverages in the morning and then several more when they get back on the ship in the evening, but others do not.

If you have more questions specifically for Carnival here is a link to their forum. All the Carnival experts hang out there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

Has anyone purchased the alcohol drink packages on carnival and if so is it worth the price or do u feel it would have been better to pay per drink. I was thinking about purchasing it since it includes both alcoholic beverages and non alcoholic beverages.

As others have said, it depends on how much you normally drink. Everybody in the room, over 21, has to purchase it. It is 49.95 +15% gratuity and there is a 15 drink limit per day. Depending on the price of the drinks, you would probably need to drink 5-8 drinks a day to break even.

I don't purchase it, since I usually only have 1 or 2 drinks.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I would not buy it, but I don't know your drinking habits. I know on my last cruise I didn't spend near that on drinks or anything else and could have bought may more drinks and could have still spent less. It's just not worth it to us. I think I would be "trying" to get my moneys worth and it would be difficult to do. Plus you have to take into account the port days. There's a lot of time you will not be on the ship and that makes it even more difficult to get your moneys worth.

As others have said it depends upon your drinking plans. We decided it wasn't worth it for us even though we tend to be fairly heavy drinkers. Mainly because on port days there is no way either of us will drink enough on board after drinking on shore to make the package cost effective. We looked at each day and estimated how much we would drink on board that day. Then we used that number of drinks to determine how much money we would spend each day and compared that number to the cost of the dunk package. We would pay more for the package than we would paying by the drink.

Done..

7d Royal Caribbean

7d Celebrity

10d Princess

21d Carnival

75d Holland America

Next..

21d Carnival Triumph