Currently on Liberty

Wilson

Bob we are using the free 24hr C&A internet today but I will get prices before we disembark sir.

At the M&M we were told Voom was still 2-3 weeks out.

Tidal Wave "months" out. It has been redesigned for Harmony and once it is perfected they will mirror those changes for Liberty. This would explain current and past reports of no work being done now. It's sits collecting surface rust. The activities director said that he tried it and it scared the sh!t out of him. The pads were not the solution. The ride is entirely too fast and there was risk of serious injury.

Bar mgr said no more C&A beverage discounts. Beverage pkg discounts will be offered through online cruise planner in that will vary from ship to ship and not the same for every sailing.

Edited by Wilson

Any specials on dinner packages being offered?
we inquired upon boarding for first night specialty discounts. None. But, first & second nights at MDR were excellent. The carved beef filet last night was better than I have ever had in 17 years of cruising. It was better than we experienced at a $$$ Dallas restaurant last month.

What's the story on the guy in Schooner? Good/bad/boring/fun?

thanks for checking in - have a great week.

JR Neal in Schooner. We have not caught his performance. We have gone to the Hoof & Claw both nights to catch Derek Lewis. Very entertaining and has folks laughing and having a great time. We stayed until closing both nights which is about 3 hours. The longer the night goes the naughtier it tends to get. Not for guest under 18 or those easily offended.

Derek was actually playing with the poolside band today. Not sure if their guitar player was sick or what but it was a great treat to see him outside his normal venue.

Are they still using that nasty island oasis mixers for drinks? How is the wine selection? How is the food? Thank-you

I will check on the mixers. As of now it's been beer, martinis or Crown. I am not a wine drinker.

MDR has been excellent. So good, as of now we have changed our minds about going to a specialty restaurant. We are big fans of Sabor and usually hit Chops but as long as the food & service continues to satisfy we will save that money or give it as extra gratuity.

Interesting they let me pre-purchase Voom for our LOS cruise on May 22nd. Guess they think it will be installed by then :).

I rode something similar to that Tidal Wave here at Aquatica in San Antonio. It was terrifying then, and that was built with a long landing area. I can't imagine it on a ship with such a small space to work with :eek:.

Enjoy your cruise - look forward to your review when you get back!

Ann

Bob we are using the free 24hr C&A internet today but I will get prices before we disembark sir.

Tidal Wave "months" out. It has been redesigned for Harmony and once it is perfected they will mirror those changes for Liberty. This would explain current and past reports of no work being done now. It's sits collecting surface rust. The activities director said that he tried it and it scared the sh!t out of him. The pads were not the solution. The ride is entirely too fast and there was risk of serious injury.

Bar mgr said no more C&A beverage discounts. Beverage pkg discounts will be offered through online cruise planner in that will vary from ship to ship and not the same for every sailing.

There is not a slide on Harmony that was even close to what the Tidal Wave is.

Hope you are enjoying your cruise, and Thanks for taking questions!

If you aren't tired of more Voom questions, and only if you have time, could you ask what the tiered speeds will be on Liberty - the Surf vs. Surf & Stream. Any info they may have would be appreciated.

many thanks!

There is not a slide on Harmony that was even close to what the Tidal Wave is.
Hmmm. I was thinking the same thing and asked my wife if I heard correctly. She confirmed what was reported at the M&M. I just assumed I missed the announcement about the same slide being put on Harmony. Well, disregard that incorrect info. I am just the messenger. ;)

Hope you are enjoying your cruise, and Thanks for taking questions!

If you aren't tired of more Voom questions, and only if you have time, could you ask what the tiered speeds will be on Liberty - the Surf vs. Surf & Stream. Any info they may have would be appreciated.

many thanks!

Just stopped by Guest Relations to ask. His response, "What's Voom"? :eek:

On way to prepare for dinner. I will see if an IT person is available later.

Edited by Wilson

Do you recall the undiscounted internet prices?

We were on the Liberty last week. The internet was $20 a day for one device and 1/2 for the second. You could get a better discount for 4 devices but I didn't pay attention since I just needed one.

Thank you for taking the time to answer questions, it is very kind of you. I hope you enjoy your vacation. Looking forward to our cruise in June.

Your welcome! So far every staff member, except for one, has been very friendly. We have engaged in conversation with our room steward and other service people around the ship. More than once they have told us that the ship currently has great management and they are happy.

June will be here before you know it!

Edited by Wilson

we inquired upon boarding for first night specialty discounts. None. But, first & second nights at MDR were excellent. The carved beef filet last night was better than I have ever had in 17 years of cruising. It was better than we experienced at a $$$ Dallas restaurant last month.

JR Neal in Schooner. We have not caught his performance. We have gone to the Hoof & Claw both nights to catch Derek Lewis. Very entertaining and has folks laughing and having a great time. We stayed until closing both nights which is about 3 hours. The longer the night goes the naughtier it tends to get. Not for guest under 18 or those easily offended.

Derek was actually playing with the poolside band today. Not sure if their guitar player was sick or what but it was a great treat to see him outside his normal venue.

Was on Liberty a couple weeks ago.

We saw JR Neal when we had stopped in Schooner for a drink, he was pretty good but nothing that made me purposely go back to see him again.

Derek Lewis was great. Very funny and he does a great job involving the audience on the show. We also saw him playing with poolside band one day, I just assumed he was bored and wanted something to do.

Could you possibly ask if they plan on getting the coke machines? We're not on until August of 2017 but really wishing for the coke machines by then since I'm not an alcohol drinker and don't like the taste of the soda through the bar hoses. Thank in advance:)

Can you take photos of the compasses and MDR menus and upload them here so we can view.?? I will be on Liberty this summer.

What itinerary are you taking? There may already be a thread with the compasses you want.