Detroit to Tampa

jtdlmc

Anyone flown this route lately? What did you pay? I have flow Detroit to Orlando many times and the most I paid was two years ago $189 nonstop. This year I cannot find any nonstop flights for less than $373 for Feb 2011. Even flights with stops are $300+.

Anyone flown this route lately? What did you pay? I have flow Detroit to Orlando many times and the most I paid was two years ago $189 nonstop. This year I cannot find any nonstop flights for less than $373 for Feb 2011. Even flights with stops are $300+.

Two years is a long time in terms of airlines and prices. Plus there's more cometition to Orlando. Plus few airlines offer non-stops on DTW-TPA route. Your prices are roundtrip? Rates obviously vary by day so if you want others to check prices you need to give exact dates and acceptable times. Out of curiosity I looked at Expedia for arbitrary dates of Feb. 9 and return 23, and found prices as low as $243 on Air Tran, $244 on United and $253 on Delta (all of these fares include taxes), all with connections. Only non-stop was Delta, $356 r.t. For DTW-MCO, found fares as low as $171 on Air-Tran, and that's non-stop; $223 on Delta (one-stop).

I wasn't really asking people to look for me, just wanted to know if anyone had bought fares on this route lately. I much prefer nonstop flights which include only Delta and Spirit from what I have found. AirTran has a couple cheaper connecting flights but leaving TPA at 7 pm and arriving in DTW at midnight. Southwest also has a cheaper flight but the layover for the connecting flight is 25 minutes and I am definitely not gonna chance that.

My dates are Feb 19, returning Feb 27. The ship arrives at port on Feb 27 so any flight would have to be after noon. On the way to TPA we would like to leave relatively early so as not to arrive in Tampa at 11 pm (AirTran).

By leaving Tampa on the Monday, I could get flights $100 less for each of us which would be $400 but by the time we pay for a motel room, meals, extra day parking at DTW, etc. the savings would be gone.

Archived