New "My Silversea" on Silversea website

Wellseasoned

I just discovered that the "My Voyage" section of the SS website has been replaced by a new "My Silversea" section, which requires registration and is fairly complex, with multiple subsections. There seem to be some glitches at this point, and the information is not complete. I was unable to review shore excursions for our nearest upcoming voyage even though I've already booked some, and the already submitted guest information form is now different and shows fewer options. Hope these are temporary gaps.

Hi Lisa just checked website and lo and behold it's changed nice of Silversea to inform us of the change !!! It's going to confuse a lot of people . Did you get my e- mail about you friend meeting up with us if not I'll try again.

Cheers Anne

I received an email from SS on Friday "Coming Soon! An all new way to customize and plan a Silversea voyage". I didn't see where there was a countdown to the number of days remaining until the cruise and I really liked that part.

I spoke with Silversea and they confirmed the error messages on the activities page of my next cruise booking. This is a glitch of which they are aware, and my tour bookings are indeed in their system. They hope to correct these glitches in the next 48 hours.

Also, they said they have eliminated the last item in the previous guest information form which allowed you to add any other requests you might have, such as what you might like to have in your bar or fridge. You can make those requests through your TA or directly with them.

Thanks for posting Dieter. We like this new change that includes as MrMoJO mentions booking specialty restaurants online (could have booked Le Champagne today for June 22nd 2015). Thankyou Silversea for implementing online restaurant reservations (was told back in late 2009 an online ressie system would be in place before the Maiden crossing of the Spirit, Jan 2010)

Also, they said they have eliminated the last item in the previous guest information form which allowed you to add any other requests you might have, such as what you might like to have in your bar or fridge. You can make those requests through your TA or directly with them.

Thanks for the update. I imagine they eliminated this to cut down on the # of special requests they receive and/or avoid the passenger disappointment factor when SS is unable to deliver on the request. Moving forward, I doubt most passengers will remember (or even know) to make the request through their TA.

From personal experience, I know when we've put items on the form in the past (beverages), they were never in our suite, or available for our particular voyage. No big deal as we've always found plenty of other beverages to choose from on board.

I like this new site. Lots. I especially like the calendar feature under "My Activities." One can see at a glance the entire cruise, and what one has booked for each day. There are/surely will be some bugs in the system. But I think this is a nice innovation. SS is not resting on its laurels.

Hi Lisa just checked website and lo and behold it's changed nice of Silversea to inform us of the change !!! It's going to confuse a lot of people . Did you get my e- mail about you friend meeting up with us if not I'll try again.

Cheers Anne

Hi Anne,

No, did not get your email. Can you try again? I will let my friend know about you.

Also, there is a wonderful, talented and very nice artist of Silversea onboard named Francesca. I will tell her you both will be on, to look for the tartan ribbon and to say hello.

Looks like we will miss you on the Cloud in September....

Cheers,

L.

Thank you Silversea for implementing online restaurant reservations...
I agree!

It's a good first step and I imagine we'll see improvement to the restaurant booking engine over time. A few things that I noticed were;

1. All dinner reservations are hard coded to begin at 8:00p. There is no way to select an earlier (or later) time.
  2. Dinner reservations are able to be booked on the day of disembarkation, which technically shouldn't be an option.
  3. Upon scheduling the dinner reservation a dialog box appears stating, "Please note that your request needs to be validated by our Maître D'. Check your reservations while on board."

Personally, I'd like to see them move to an OpenTable platform. It can be licensed and would provide real-time information, multiple selection periods for available times, and ease of use. Just imagine, if your tour was running late you could automatically adjust your reservation from the OpenTable app. That would be pretty slick.

We'll see how everything works on when onboard in June! I know we'll still need to visit with Maître D' in order to change to different dining times.

Did not receive an email but had a look following this thread.

Have entered all passport and contact details but when going to my June cruise find they are still calling for the information. I also wonder how they can tell which passport details are mine and which relate to my wife.

Looking under venetian society I appear to have lost my number and have never sailed before.

Still so long as I can book dinner everything is o.k.

Sho, fyi..taken from SS website:

Le Champagne

The only Relais & Châteaux restaurant at sea can be found aboard the ships of Silversea. Indulge in an evening of seasonally inspired dishes that are crafted with the finest artisan products and freshest, locally sourced ingredients available. The menu continually changes to reflect the voyage destination and provide guests with an enhanced experience of authentic regional flavour.

Reservations are required. Per guest reservation fee of US$30.

We enjoyed three Silversea cruises last year (2 on the Spirit and 1 on the Cloud) and we ate at least one time in

LC on board (on the Cloud we ate at LC twice in 17 days). We enjoy the intimate atmosphere, exceptional service and delicious cuisine LC offers.

Edited by Colonel(Ret.)Wes

After finding my confirmation email, in my junk mail folder I checked out the new service. All my previously entered information was still there.

Have made all our dinner reservations, :D and the DW has booked her spa appointments.:)

Just wondering how to mention that we are open to joining others for meals ? Do you simply select additional guests ?

As a previous poster mentioned I miss the countdown to embarkation.

It was so nice to see the number getting smaller :)

I think its a great improvement! I even managed a nice printout which we can take with us on the ship to confirm our reservations without relying on my memory.

Hi Lisa , Will try e-mail again sent to the Hotmail A/C will try your other one . Cant now get into my silversea !!! Have sent an e-mail to Silversea see how long they take to reply . I did get into it yesterday with no problem but today nothing . Will look out for Francesca will have tartan ribbon on show!!

Cheers Anne

Also does one have to pay to book dinner at Le Champagne restaurant?

Sho, fyi..taken from SS website:

Reservations are required. Per guest reservation fee of US$30.

Agree with Colonel(Ret.)Wes. MySilversea will show you the fee when you book your Le Champagne reservation online too.

Although the system defaults to 8:00 dining, there is a comment section where one could leave their preference for true times and if they would like to join others and mention the other party specifically. Le Champagne didn't open until 8:00 p.m. on our recent Spirit cruise and it seemed that the room was completely seated right around that time. It would be better served to stagger the times of arrival. Anyway, I liked the fact that I could book for each of the 3 restaurants on my upcoming Whisper Back To Back voyage and book as MANY times as I wish.

It was great to see a full schedule of all of our selections (Shore Ex., Dining, Spa) and be able to print them off. It will be a great to reference when on board.

Although the system defaults to 8:00 dining, there is a comment section where one could leave their preference for true times and if they would like to join others and mention the other party specifically.
That's great! Where exactly is that comment section at? I can't locate it on the dining reservation booking page.

That's great! Where exactly is that comment section at? I can't locate it on the dining reservation booking page.

Click on the green box for the reservation and then click on update. A dialogue box will open.

Also, for any tours booked, click on that box and then details to get the full description.

I think this is working well.

Edited by MrMojoRisin

can't remember seeing here on CC, an additional new development now proposed by SS..in case you did not know: (taken from SS Blog) :

Silversea Launches New Documentation Package

We're delighted to announce the launch of Silversea's new Travel Journal.

As part of our 20th anniversary celebration in 2014, we've given our documentation package a complete makeover, with the goal of making travel easier. The result is a versatile new Travel Journal that consolidates the traditional assortment of loose documents of booklets, wallets, and luggage tag holders.

For most voyages in 2014, guests will receive this convenient new all-in-one Travel Journal that contains the cruise ticket, air, hotel and/or land programme information (if arranged through Silversea), personalised voyage itinerary, shore excursion details and other useful information.

Our elegant new Travel Journal is unique to each guest and provides all the essential information needed for the voyage -- all in one convenient place. And, it's a beautiful keepsake of what we are sure will be a remarkable travel experience.

The new Travel Journal will be rolled out in stages during the first few months of 2014, and some guests may receive our previous documentation package during the transitional phase.