hair dryers and curling irons

rsldonk

can you take curling irons and hairdryers on the cruise ship?

No and yes... Curling irons are a bit of a fire hazard. Hairdryers are available in the cabins but seem to be not much better than a warm breeze. If you need a hair dryer bring your own.

No and yes... Curling irons are a bit of a fire hazard. Hairdryers are available in the cabins but seem to be not much better than a warm breeze. If you need a hair dryer bring your own.

Wow. First time I've heard of a prohibition on curling irons. I couldn't find them listed in the FAQ "Are There Restrictions on What We Can Bring Aboard?" I'm thinking there are going to be a lot of unhappy ladies if this turns out to be true. Is this a new restriction?

Hello:) On every cruise I been on, I always take a curling iron,flat iron and hairdryer and never had any problems with having them onboard. Just make sure you turn them off when not in use to prevent fire hazzords and keep items away.They have a hairdryer in each stateroom, but they are very low powered and hard on the hands if you have long or thick hair.(On Carnival and Costa for instance you have to press button down the whole time for it to remain on.) Anyone else hear that they were going to confiscate flat irons? Please let me know so I will know for my next cruise in February Thanks:)

Lindsey

Why curling irons are allowed and clothes irons are not, I can't say I've ever totally understood. I've never heard of anyone having a curling iron confiscated. This is actually the first time I've ever heard someone say they are prohibited.

Here's the link to Carnival's FAQ page of what not to pack if anyone is interested.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/What_NOT_to_Pack.aspx

I got off the Victory a little over a week ago and my flat iron was a non-issue! (and we had 2 plugs, by the way... cabin 1023) Like they said, though... remember to turn it off. I even unplugged mine every time I left the cabin... just to be totally safe.

Archived