Manhattan Cruise terminal to Newark Airport

willowvacay

Hey all! We are taking Breakaway to Bermuda in October and planning for transport to and from the airport. How long does it take to get from the Manhattan cruise terminal to Newark airport? The cruise is a Sunday to Sunday if that affects the traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey all! We are taking Breakaway to Bermuda in October and planning for transport to and from the airport. How long does it take to get from the Manhattan cruise terminal to Newark airport? The cruise is a Sunday to Sunday if that affects the traffic.

Are you flying in the day of.the cruise? You will need to book a car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo or plan to take the airport bus plus cab or the train plus cab. Usual recommendation is to fly in a day ahead.

It should take less than an hour by car service, but it's New York, so you have to plan for unexpected congestion. For a return trip it's typically not recommended to book flights before noon. Aside from the travel time, TSA security can get backed up at EWR.

We are flying in the day before. I will check into the car services! Thank you for the info! Do you happen to know if the TSA precheck line is equally as slow at EWR?

Where are you staying?

Reports on TSA times vary widely at EWR. Nothing specific on the pre check line.

What time is your return flight?

Thanks for the info! We are staying at the Renaissance in Times Square. Unknown return time...still trying to figure that out. We are just trying to get home ASAP since cruise returns on a Sunday and we've got to work Monday.

We are flying in the day before. I will check into the car services! Thank you for the info! Do you happen to know if the TSA precheck line is equally as slow at EWR?

Just remember that even if you're enrolled in TSA precheck or are eligible for it through the Global Entry program, there's so guarantee you'll actually be granted the privilege on any particular flight. TSA will take passengers at random and make them go through regular security. This happened to us once. Even if your boarding pass has the precheck symbol printed on it you may get to the airport and find that there isn't an open precheck line in your terminal. EWR is my home airport and with the long lines that can develop there I never assume I'm actually going to be able to use the shorter precheck line.

Sometimes its longer than the "regular" security line. Plan that it will take at least 20 minutes and be pleasantly surprised if its less.