local help with Sweet Bites, and other bakeries

ArtsyChic

We wanted to try this place out with all the wonderful reviews. Will she be open on December 6th, Sunday if there is a cruise ship in port?? Is there another pastry place, chocolate or anything sweet on island open on Sundays if not when cruise in port.

Thank you so much

We wanted to try this place out with all the wonderful reviews. Will she be open on December 6th, Sunday if there is a cruise ship in port?? Is there another pastry place, chocolate or anything sweet on island open on Sundays if not when cruise in port.

Thank you so much

SweetBites is a great place! The owner's husband is my AC repair guy actually (the joys of a small island) she always opens up on ship days as far as I know but I'll pop in there tomorrow and double check for you.

SweetBites is a great place! The owner's husband is my AC repair guy actually (the joys of a small island) she always opens up on ship days as far as I know but I'll pop in there tomorrow and double check for you.

That's awesome. I love small worlds and getting the scope from locals and hole in walls. Depending on her hours I was going to stop before or after sandcastle on way in taxi. Husband and son are sweet lovers! Nothing like a sweet on the beach

Thanks Celeste

That's awesome. I love small worlds and getting the scope from locals and hole in walls. Depending on her hours I was going to stop before or after sandcastle on way in taxi. Husband and son are sweet lovers! Nothing like a sweet on the beach

Thanks Celeste

I'm sorry to say I stopped by there today (it was a ship day) and SweetBites was closed. Sorry! I'll try to think where else you could get sweets.

I'm sorry to say I stopped by there today (it was a ship day) and SweetBites was closed. Sorry! I'll try to think where else you could get sweets.

awe man....tell her on December 6th its an emergency to open up..lol keep me posted on other thoughts

Celeste

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
awe man....tell her on December 6th its an emergency to open up..lol keep me posted on other thoughts

Celeste

I don't know if you will see this before you get here but I just got off the phone with Shanni and they will be OPEN this Sunday for you guys! Hope this helps!

I don't know if you will see this before you get here but I just got off the phone with Shanni and they will be OPEN this Sunday for you guys! Hope this helps![/QUO

Thanks that is awesome and I will make it there with a huge a smile.

Celeste

• 1 month later...

Oh my, did I just read that Sweet Bites will be closed when the cruise ships come in? I was looking forward to checking this place out. I think we will be there on a Monday. Can you tell me what days they are open, or the hours? I like to check out "local" pastries.:)

Oh my, did I just read that Sweet Bites will be closed when the cruise ships come in? I was looking forward to checking this place out. I think we will be there on a Monday. Can you tell me what days they are open, or the hours? I like to check out "local" pastries.:)

I would need to know what date you are coming to be sure. Sometimes she is open for ship days, sometimes she isn't.

I don't know if you will see this before you get here but I just got off the phone with Shanni and they will be OPEN this Sunday for you guys! Hope this helps![/QUO

Thanks that is awesome and I will make it there with a huge a smile.

Celeste

So How was it?

Hi Drake, we would be visiting St. Croix on Monday, April 4th.

Now if Sweet Bites, which I really wanted to check out is not open, is there another bakery like this, close by?

Lately she has been opening up on ship days, I won't know for sure until we get a bit closer to your visit.

There is no other bakery just like Sweet Bites, Shanni is unique. But Centerline bakery isn't bad, a taxi will know how to get there.

Drake2014, so if I wanted to find out if Sweet Bites would be open when we arrive, do they have an email address or anything like that where I could contact them?

You can call them at 340-277-7898. Or I will call them when we get closer to the day. I highly doubt they have their schedule planned that far out yet.

Drake2014, so how soon could you check out for me if Sweet Bites would be open? We will be at St. Croix on the 4th of April. In otherwords, if I got back with you through this, around when (what date) would you want me to contact you?

Drake2014, so how soon could you check out for me if Sweet Bites would be open? We will be at St. Croix on the 4th of April. In otherwords, if I got back with you through this, around when (what date) would you want me to contact you?

Oh probably the middle of March she'll have her schedule ready. I'll post here when I find out if she'll be open for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Drake2014, oh thank you, you have just made my day! I am getting more excited, as each day is bringing me closer to my trip.

I also understand Ft. Frederick, across from the pier is a must see, if nothing else, for the view, is that correct?

Last question (Drake, you are so HELPFUL), we can walk to Frederick or Freedom City Beach from the pier?

Drake2014, oh thank you, you have just made my day! I am getting more excited, as each day is bringing me closer to my trip.

I also understand Ft. Frederick, across from the pier is a must see, if nothing else, for the view, is that correct?

Last question (Drake, you are so HELPFUL), we can walk to Frederick or Freedom City Beach from the pier?

Fort Frederik is lovely if you enjoy history and the view from the ramparts is gorgeous. It is next to the pier and well worth a visit.

Yes you can walk directly around the fort and tennis courts on to Fort Frederik beach and then on to Freedom City.