Transportation from Baltimore Cruise Terminal to Washington DC

PSkinner

No matter how you go there is no close transportation from the pier to DC. You must take a cab to train station carry your luggage on and off the train

I would consider Uber or Lyft as an alternative

Sailing into Baltimore and trying to find suggestions for 4 of us to get from the pier to a hotel in Washington DC. TIA

I guess it would depend on where in DC your hotel is. Taking the MARC train from Bmore to DC is inexpensive ($7 one way) but you have to get from the Port to Baltimore Penn Station - taxi or Uber because there is no public transportation option for that. Also, there is limited MARC service on weekends, so you need to make sure you check the schedule on line. Amtrack runs more often, but it's a bit more expensive. Once you get to Union Station in DC you can take the Metro to your hotel...maybe...again, depending on where you're staying, it might be better to cab or Uber it.

we are staying near the White House; I know is not far from Union Station but with luggage it will be a hassle to walk. I have been looking into Private Van Super Shuttle so we will have a little more time there. If we take cab to airport or train station then have to wait on train I think it will be more expense. Still trying to sort everything out. Thanks for all the suggestions!

we are staying near the White House; I know is not far from Union Station but with luggage it will be a hassle to walk. I have been looking into Private Van Super Shuttle so we will have a little more time there. If we take cab to airport or train station then have to wait on train I think it will be more expense. Still trying to sort everything out. Thanks for all the suggestions![/quote

Union Station to the White House is over 1.5 miles. Not very walkable with luggage.