Bon Voyage Gift (Liquor) - when did it arrive in your cabin?

CruiseNut7

We're only three weeks away from sailing on the Caribbean Princess. Rather than "smuggle" liquor, I would like to order it from Princess and have it delivered to our cabin.

I have heard that it may not be in your cabin when you arrive. What has been you experience as far as the delivery timing?

Thanks for your input -

Diane

Like the others posting above, the booze arrived mid to late afternoon. It really makes the smart way to provide liquor to your room without the fuss and potential mess of trying to smuggle stuff aboard.

The minimal extra cost is well worth the trouble and if you run out, as mentioned above, you can order more from room service.

We have used this service on every cruise and see no reason to change. I'm sure there are those out there that will still try to smuggle stuff aboard knowing it's not allowed just to save a couple of dollars. I guess money saved to spend on those "authentic hand made one of a kind" island craft items is worth it.

What about with Royal Caribbean ? Can you do the same thing?

Normally I would suggest that you check on that board to find the answer, but since we are going on RCI in June (yeah, we are crossing the creek to go with another cruise line for this one cruise :o ) I would like to see the answer as well without going to the RCI board.

My guess is that they have something like that seeing that they have a similar Alcohol Policy as PC.

Let's see if anyone has the answer.

Greg

Sorry for the creek crossing. I will ask this question on the proper board

No need to ask on the other board. I did a search and found this posting the answers yours and my question.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=82179&highlight=bringing+alcohol+onboard

Looks like they have a "booze store" that opens after embarkation and you can purchase stuff for room consumption. The pricing appears to be duty free but they add a $9.00 charge per order or per bottle depending on who is running things. The store is open during the cruise, probably while at sea only.

Thanks for being sorry that we are leaving PC for one cruise and we promise to return to this side of the creek soon.

Greg

Hi Gang,

Just to help out...I just got off the Voyager. You can indeed buy from the ships store for in room consumption during the entire week on any day or eve while at sea so long as the store is open. No Breaking & Entries!:eek:

Archived