Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > New England

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old September 25th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question Car Rental Portland

Hubby and I are on the EOS and are doing Can/NE Oct 12 of 07. I am a huge LL bean fan and I would lvoe to go to the store and maybe Kennebunkport are you able to rent cars at the port or do you have to go to the airport?
Lexi

Old September 25th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

It is my understanding that the car rentals are at the airport ($15.00 - $18.00 from the pier). Enterprise may send a car to the port; I don't know about the others.

LL Bean has a store on Congress St. in downtown Portland. About a 10-15 minute uphill walk from the pier. But, not as big or as diverse as the one in Freeport. It's a 20 minute drive from downtown Portland, to Freeport to the original LL Bean. And, Freeport is a kind of nice little town but the downtown area is now built around high-end outlet shopping.

Kennebunk and Kennebunkport are about a 45 minute drive from Portland, but in the absolute opposite direction and the drive is not particularly exciting. Kennebunkport will just be at the very end of the season when you are in Maine and it is hard to know what may have already closed (or be open only on weekends).