Motion on Allure of the Seas

Wondering if there is a lot of motion felt on the Allure of the Seas? Can you get shots for motion sickness on the ship should the need arise?

Under normal sea conditions you should feel little or no motion on Allure but if conditions should be rough there will be some amount of motion regardless of the size of the ship (compared to the vastness of the ocean, even an Oasis class ship is tiny). Shots are available should the need arise, but if you are especially prone to motions sickness you should start taking preventive measures even before you board the ship.:)

As far as motion is concerned, it takes a lot to move that ship, it is a beast. We did not feel a thing while on board. If you are concerned about motion, this is the ship for you.

As for the shots, no idea. Why don't you get the patch before hand if you are concerned, they work well for most people.

As someone mentioned, no motion on the Allure. Most of the time. We did not feel like we were on a ship. you can get the shot but it would cost you the price of a doctors visit. Get pills or patch.

We were on the Allure in December and on a couple of days we DID feel enough motion to make us weave somewhat when walking down the hall. There was more motion in the back than in the front. One of the officers explained to us that under certain wind conditions the aft moves because of the Aqua pool superstructure. (I'm neither an engineer nor a sailor but it sounded reasonable to me.)

We were on a B2B on the Oasis this April and for two days there was enough motion that the Beach Pool sloshed enough to drop the water in the ends at least two feet (which was a lot of fun).

With that said, I easily get carsick and seasick and always take Bonine when cruising and never had a hint of queasiness on either the Allure or Oasis.

As several have stated, a huge percent of the time you have no idea that you are on a moving vessel.

The middle of the ship was usually pretty calm, but my family had an aft oceanview and you could really feel the motion. Also, it seemed to be worse while around the Bahamas area, and calmed down closer to the Virgin Islands.

We had a Central Park balcony, and often could not tell if the ship was actually moving. The morning we docked at St. Thomas, we had this discussion in the room, and realized we were docked when we turned on the TV and saw the picture from the bridge. The captain commented that we did have smooth seas 4-6 feet waves. The night we had dinner at Chops, we pulled out of St. Thomas and could not tell we were underway.

My boyfriend took Bonine starting 5 days before the crusie, and every day during the cruise. He felt he only needed it on the boat ride to St. John on a excursion.:D

Enjoy.

Truth is it's the motion of the ocean NOT the size of the ship. :D The sea conditions determine how much the ship will pitch and roll. When I was on Allure in February many people asked why they could feel the roll of such a large ship. Granted, during days with calm seas the Allure & Oasis tend to move little; as the case with smaller ships, even Majesty or Monarch.

If you tend to feel seasick there are several medications you can try; some over-the-counter and some prescription. Try this list on drugs.com A friend carries Scopace with her during our cruises. If you want a more holistic remedy, I suggest a bottle red wine. If one doesn't do the trick, take 2.

Have fun!!

I just got off of Freedom this past week, I barely felt any movement all week. We were Eastern Caribbean. One night we had 6-8ft swells and she trucked right through them with hardly any pitch or roll motion. Maybe it doesn't mess with me as much since I spend most of my work days bouncing around in small aircraft...

Overall, I would assume Allure and Oasis would feel less than Freedom and we felt none at all. I saw many folks wearing sea sickness patches, but honestly, if you didn't look at the ocean passing by, you wouldn't even notice we were on a moving ship.

Archived