Diamond and above complimentary drinks

tokyo1949

Has the new procedure for loading free drinks onto seapass cards come into force yet or are there still Diamond and above lounges. going on Serenade again in April on transatlantic

Preloading of drinks has nothing to do with diamond lounges. Ship with lounges will still have them. The loading of drinks on sea pass cards is instead of the free drink coupon you used to get. All the coupons are now on the card and no coupon book. Does not affect the lounge hours at all.

I believe the OP is referring to the test done on certain transatlantic crossings last fall, when they had a LOT of Diamond and up passengers. To lighten the load in the Diamond and Concierge Lounges they put three free drinks on all the sea passes of Diamond and up to be used each evening.

This was a test, and as far as I know there has been no mention of implementing this procedure on future sailings. Companies test market new ideas all the time and use the feedback to make their decisions.

So as of right now, you can enjoy your evening free drinks in the appropriate lounge for your C&A status. (Evening cocktails might be moved to a different lounge depending on the number of C&A on board that particular cruise.)

On Celebrity as Elite Captains Club members, we received three "coupons" per person every day in our room. The coupons could be used at any bar, with the exception of the Molecular Bar, during the allotted time frame. It worked well for us.

Has the new procedure for loading free drinks onto seapass cards come into force yet or are there still Diamond and above lounges. going on Serenade again in April on transatlantic

We were on the Serenade of the Seas for a 9-day cruise this past December. They do have a Diamond Lounge of Deck 13. It is so small that they overflowed everyone into the Vortex 13 club next door. And they also used the Safari Club on Deck 6 as part of the Diamond Event every night between 5pm to 8pm.

We used the Diamond Club the first night, The Vortex the second night and the last seven nights we went to the Safari Club. We found it to be less crowded, more relaxing and the appetizers/horderves better.

Preloading of drinks has nothing to do with diamond lounges. Ship with lounges will still have them. The loading of drinks on sea pass cards is instead of the free drink coupon you used to get. All the coupons are now on the card and no coupon book. Does not affect the lounge hours at all.

How does this work? Do you tell them you want to use a coupon when you order the drink or do they just take off a random drink off of your seapass card? I wonder about the internet coupon, too. It used to be a percentage off of a package. I am looking forward to being on Oasis in 18 days!

Diamond drinks are limited to the hours the Diamond lounge is open and you can get your drinks at selected bars. We drink wine so I would order house white and it showed on the bartender's computer. I would tip them a couple dollars cash tip. You are limited to three per seapass.

We used our internet coupons as "Minutes." They used to credit both coupons to one account but with the preloaded credits, we had to use the credits separately. We have never purchased a package.

Bob

How does this work? Do you tell them you want to use a coupon when you order the drink or do they just take off a random drink off of your seapass card? I wonder about the internet coupon, too. It used to be a percentage off of a package. I am looking forward to being on Oasis in 18 days!

They automatically apply it to the first drink that you order that is eligible for the coupon. So make sure you don't order the cheapest drink first. We found out the hard way!