Differences between Carnival Spirit & Legend

Tildi

I am hoping someone can help clear up a few questions I have...

Hubby & I went on our first cruise in October on Carnival Legend.

And we officially "Cruise addicts"!

At the moment I am eyeing a bargain cruise on Carnival Sprit for next year.

From what I have read, if we sail on Spirit, we will feel "at home", because the layout is much the same as Legend. I don't think that will be a problem.

But I am wondering whether the evening Stage Shows on Spirit, are the same shows as on Legend?

I am hoping it wouldn't be too much like "Groundhog Day"

But I am wondering whether the evening Stage Shows on Spirit, are the same shows as on Legend?

I have only sailed on the Spirit and I'm not sure whether the shows are the same but I found the Production Shows outstanding especially Big Easy 'The New Orleans Show'.

If you look over on the Carnival board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

you will find lots of info on the various Carnival ships.

Hi CruiserBruce,

Thank You for your reply.

I have actually posted the same question there too...

But the forum really seems more USA Carnival oriented, so was hoping to catch a 'local' who has done both (hopefully recently in Oz), within a sailing season.

I might have to ask my TA, & find out.

It "could" be a deal-breaker. :( (Edit) -<--- OMG! This "sad face smiley", looks Sinister! (sorry... NOT my intention at all!)

Edited by Tildi
(Edit) --> Bad looking "smiley"

The ship is the same whether it is in the US, or Australia, so not sure why the Carnival board wouldn't be helpful to you.

Firstly, I would like to reply to your first "assumption" as to the "similarity of US Cruising & AU Cruising"...

The only Beverage Package, available on Aussie Carnival Cruises, is "Endless Bubbles package".

There is NOT even a "cheers/booze package" available on Aussie Carnival Cruises!

In My Intial Post....

I needed a response to the QUESTION....

From my reading/research. the ONLY "grey area", was IF the nightime Shows, were THE SAME, on "Aussie Spirit/Legend Cruises".

I asked this question, to the Cruise Critic Community, on both the AU/NZ site & the Carnival Cruise site....

Edited by Tildi
Horrible Grammer... Ooops Sorry.... :(

The ship is the same whether it is in the US, or Australia, so not sure why the Carnival board wouldn't be helpful to you.

Bruce,

Since I have sailed both ships over to Australia, this is not necessarily true. They made changes on the Spirit on the way over, that they didn't make on Legend, like an outdoor BBQ and Espresso/Cap machines (free) in the buffet.

Also, since the ships are in Australia and there aren't as many Americans sailing, they may not be as helpful with changes that were made for Australian sailings. There were definitely some changes.

I think both boards could be helpful, but since both ships are in Oz now, the cruisers there may be more helpful.

Tildi,

I attempted to answer your questions on Carnival board, but from answers here, it looks like the Spirit still has production shows, which will be different from Playlist shows.

I think you should try it. I think you would really enjoy yourself.

Tildi,

I have sailed both the Legend and Spirit in the last 12 months.

I would definitely try the Spirit! What month are you thinking of sailing - will it be after the Spirit has the upgrade?

Here are some quick observations:

- Shows are different

- Day time activities, are slightly different too (you will get some of the same ones though)

- Décor is slightly different, so it won't be complete de ja vous

- I found food was different too, not by a huge amount, but we had some menu items on Legend that we had never seen on Spirit and vice versa

- I found shops on Spirit (although the same size/layout) had more stock and more variety to what was on Legend

Apart from that they are pretty similar.

If you are cruising September 2015 onward, post dry-dock, there will be many many more differences.

I love both Legend and Spirit and am about to book a trip on the other sister ship, Miracle, for next year.

Edited by pinknotes

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for delayed reply, it's been crazy at work and Christmas very hectic.

Thank you to everyone who replied.

Many of the comments allayed my possible fear of "everything" being Deja Vous.

Due to the craziness at the time, by the time I tried to book, it was gone...

However, had a call from TA, to say the had a new release.

So we are now booked on Spirit in February 2015.

Looking forward to our next adventure.