Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Caribbean > St. Lucia

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Old March 26th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default shore excursion

Our cruise in March 2008 will be going to St. Lucia and have been looking at shore excursions. Has anyone taken the Pirate extravaganza tour. The one on the ship used in making Pirates of the Carribean. Thinking my kids 13 and 8 would love it.

Old March 27th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnj View Post
Our cruise in March 2008 will be going to St. Lucia and have been looking at shore excursions. Has anyone taken the Pirate extravaganza tour. The one on the ship used in making Pirates of the Carribean. Thinking my kids 13 and 8 would love it.
I am not sure what you are in to but I have three kids and they loved the tour with Cosol. We spent about an hour and a half snorkeling at Jalousie and it was great. We got to see a lot of the island (my favourite in the entire Caribbean), ate a lot of local food, fresh baked bread and fruit, drank a lot of local rum punch, fruit juice and beer and saw a lot of different sites (volcanoe, tropical gardens, plantations, various fishing villages and so on).

Well worth it!

Rigger

Old March 27th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default St. Lucia shore excursion

Thanks for the info. we will check on that.

Old April 6th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default need info also on Pirate Excursion

I am also looking for info about this excursion.We are going on the Destiny in August and that is one of the excursions we were interested. ANYONE AT ALL BEEN ON THIS ?

Old April 15th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Cool Cruiser

Try this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=438979

Old April 16th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Cool Cruiser

Smile

I just got back from the Prirate Extravaganza 10 days ago. It was definately a party boat but it wasn't too crazy for young children. I would say that it was a rated PG party. Some people got so drunk that they had to be half carried back to the cruise ship. My 22 year old brother in law even got a kiss on the cheek from an drunk elderly woman. There where people of all ages on the ship. Surprisingly the only drunks where a handfull of older people. The atmosphere was festive but not outrages. I'm conservative and yet I would bring my own children on this excursion. No one became obnoxious or used foul language on the ship.

Besides the open bar there were other things to do. You could sight see, steer the ship, or help the crew man the sails. I'm a fan of the movie Pirates Of The Caribbean and so I liked walking around the ship to recognize were different scenes happened from the movie. I was disapointed that the ship didn't look exactly like it did when it played as the "Black Pearl". Therefore I asked a crew member about the differences and he told me that they built a new deck for the movie and then returned the deck to it's current appearence. I'm sure the Black Pearl's pirate crew would of enjoyed the bar in the middle of the deck.

I would not recomend this tour for anyone who has balance issues or have problems walking. When you get to Pigeon Island you have to tender from the Brigg Unicorn in a water taxi. The tender is more slightly harder then a tendering from a cruise ship because the vessels moved more. The crew were very helpful in making sure that no one fell or lost their balance during the tendering process.

I went to the beach at Pigeon Island. The beaches were beautiful. Most people went to the first beach they saw after arriving on the island. If you walk a little farther you will find past the most obvious beach another beach beyond a small rocky devied that is better then the first beach.

I hope this helps. If not I hope it was at least entertaining for my grammer and spelling errors.

Facination 10/02 / Ecstacy 5/03 / Rhapsody Of The Seas 4/04 / Monarch Of The Seas 9/04 / Carnival Conquest 5/05 / Carnival Valor 5/06 / Monarch Of The Seas 10/06 / Carnival Legend 4/07 / Enchantment Of The Seas 12/07 / Carnival Freedom 05/09 / Carnival Imagination 10/09 / Carnival Conquest 10/10

You could just stay home, eat six times a day, drink a little too much, and rock back and forth. Found on a greeting card.

Old April 17th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Cool Cruiser

Take the tour with Cosol. He is the best on the Island.
Carnival Legend (7 Day Western Caribbean - Tampa, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan-Honduras) 3-09
Carnival Victory (7 Day Southern Caribbean - San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, Dominica, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten) 3-10
Carnival Glory (7 Day Western Caribbean - Miami, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman) 5-11
Carnival Glory (7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Miami, Nassau the Bahamas, St. Thomas USVI, San Juan Puerto Rico, Grand Turk) 4-12
Carnival Liberty (7 Day Western Caribbean - Miami, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman) 12-12
Carnival Valor (7 Day Southern Caribbean - San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten) 3-14
Carnival Glory- 1-15 (7 Day Western Caribbean - Miami, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman)
Carnival Conquest- 2-15 (8 Day Southern Caribbean - Ft. Lauderdale, Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Curacao, Aruba) Platinum