Transportation from Laem Chabang to Pattaya

Linycruise

Hello, Six of us will be in Laem Chabang and were interested in going to Pattya for the evening and possible overnight trip. Does anyone know if RCCL has a shuttle to Pattaya. How much would a local bus or taxi cost for the journey?

Thanks, Lin

Hi!

We (I and my wife) were cruising last december from Singapore to Hong Kong and used taxitopattaya.net services. Everything went as planned so we can recommend them. We payed 3000 baht for an airconditioned four people taxi for ten hours. Our driver waited us when we were at different sightseeings and was in our use whole time. You can negotiate deal of your own.

We can highly to recommend to visit huge wooden temple (Sanctuary of Truth)!

Some pictures from Pattaya area can be found from my gallery:

http://jarkon.galleria.fi/#/kuvat/2013+Thaimaa/

Pictures are from Koh Samui and Chon Buri area (Pattaya).

Jarkko

• 3 weeks later...

We hired a car from Bangkok to Pattaya last October for 1600 TBH one-way. Just FYI, while the beach is pretty and they have lots of watersports the nightlife in Pattaya (especially "walking street") is of a rather unsavory nature. Just something to think about!

Taxis available to hire at Laem Chabang port are a cartel, & consequently over-priced.

Those who want to go to Bangkok (90 mins to 2 hours), or want a tour, should pre-book a well-recommended operator over the internet, to avoid being ripped-off - typically by 50% plus, though some bartering is possible.

But Pattaya is only a 20 minute drive, so for a simple port-to-Pattaya although you'd pay over-the-odds the difference is pennies & not worth pre-booking - in fact it's possible no-one will accept a pre-booking any cheaper for that short journey. IIRC, a couple of years back it was under $5 per person e/w in a shared car.

No problem getting a taxi back to the ship, either through the hotel or hailed in the street. There'll be English-speakers organising the cartel at the port. For your return, most drivers will understand English but to be on the safe side mebbe have a note of the port written in Thai.

Not sure it's worth overniting off the ship if you're just going to Pattaya, I'm pretty certain the port is open 24/7.

Heed TamiNicole's post.

Walking Street in the evening is ................... errr ................ interesting ;)

A bit of an eye-opener, but not a good idea if you've got kids.

Or if you have a sensitive disposition.

If you've not been to Bangkok, I'd suggest that's where you should concentrate all your time, including an overnite in a city hotel.

If Walking Street appeals, Bangkok has its equivalents - though no need to go anywhere near such places.

Just MHO

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

• 2 weeks later...

We took the ship's tour to Pattaya. It was hot and humid but the tour price included entrance and they shuttled us to the Thai dancer show and then the elephant show afterwards. Great photo ops with elephants and tigers.

2 years ago on our Voyager o.t. Seas cruise, there was an RCL shuttle bus to and from Pattaya throughout the day (not sure about night). Don´t remember the cost anymore but it wasn´t that expensive. Taxis are available at the terminal as well and coudl make sense for a group of people. Local bus to and from terminal is quite unlikely as terminal is not used daily by ships. I did not see one back then.