Can anyone confirm this info, please? (Bonnie?)

AnnetteSC

I just spoke to a CS agent at Azamara and got a few answers to questions I have. I'd like to make sure because I seem to get different answers, depending whom I'm speaking with...

First, I asked if I could book a hotel (one that is offered by AZ) on board instead of now. He told me that if I book on board, it would not be considered a package and that rates would be higher on board and would not include transfers for free (from port to hotel). He also told me I would not be able to use OBC for the booking on board. True or False?

Next, I asked if I could book our transfers now from airport to cruise ship for arrival date (I booked flights with choiceair a few days after we booked the cruise) and he said no, it has to be done by TA. I explained that I booked flights myself and that I was told by another AZ agent at time of booking flights that I could call back anytime to purchase transfers but he still said no. Which is it?

Finally, I asked if a (grounded) multiple outlet tap or cord can be brought onboard because we have multiple electronics to recharge at night and he said yes. He also said yes to me asking if I could bring a small, portable steamer to get wrinkles out of clothes. True or false?

This is our first time on AZ and want to make sure I do things right. Thanks.

If you booked direct with Azamara, then it should be perfectly possible to purchase transfers as an excursion ( although you couldn't use OBC to buy them ahead of the cruise). Have you checked the excursions list for the cruise to see if transfers are offered yet. If they are not, it is likely they will be nearer the time.

A multiple outlet plug should be OK. We have taken one on board and had no problem. I think a steamer might not be allowed, but there are irons available on the self-service laundry on Deck 7.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you booked direct with Azamara, then it should be perfectly possible to purchase transfers as an excursion ( although you couldn't use OBC to buy them ahead of the cruise). Have you checked the excursions list for the cruise to see if transfers are offered yet. If they are not, it is likely they will be nearer the time.

A multiple outlet plug should be OK. We have taken one on board and had no problem. I think a steamer might not be allowed, but there are irons available on the self-service laundry on Deck 7.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you! We booked the cruise with TA but flights with choiceair ourselves.

Do you know about the hotel, Host Grandma Cruising?

I have taken a multi cord charger. but there are 2 plugs i think American and two place for iphone-ipad charging. Might not need. I think the steamer would be taken away and given back end of cruise. use your shower while in shower if needed.

I never use choice air or hotels. have used transfers back to airport.. you book on the ship mid cruise. rather take a taxi.

Thank you! We booked the cruise with TA but flights with choiceair ourselves.

Do you know about the hotel, Host Grandma Cruising?

Quite sure the transfers need to be booked by your TA, even if you booked the air yourself.

I am surprised that you would even be able to book a hotel onboard; I would think the hotel reservation would need to be firmed up before the ship sailed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, I found out that transfers can be added (even if cruise was booked through TA) by calling Choiceair.

I also found out that hotel rates are per person, not per room.

I hope this info helps someone else new like me.