First time Diamond advice, Radiance

Hi everyone. We are doing our first cruise as Diamond next month on Radiance. Also our first time on Radiance, but we have cruised on Brilliance, so are familiar with the class. Can anyone give us some pointers on using our "perks" particular to Radiance. Things like happy hour lounge or using the vouchers and how to use the Internet benefit (if any) would be appreciated and anything else to get our long earned loyalty's worth, lol. BTW, we are in a standard stateroom. Thanks.

The DL (Diamond Lounge) will have 24-hour free specialty coffee. Also, for 3.5 hours in the evening, the DL will have free soda, selected beers and wines, and basic mixed drinks. No blender drinks. In addition to unlimited drinks in the DL, you will also have 3 drink vouchers per night you can use in any bar, to be used during the same time period that the DL is serving free drinks.

Disembarked Radiance May 17, 2017.

List of amenities & services was not in room. Requested one from guest services.

Coffee machine in Diamond lounge was broke but we were able to get 1 free latee per day from Cafe on deck 5.

The concierge for the Diamond lounge was Laura Bernard who mostly sits at her computer desk as you enter lounge near elevators. She monitors for non Diamond people trying to slip in. If you need help with reservations etc. see Laura.

We usually go to the diamond lounge for drinks before dinner and then on the way to dinner stop at one of the bars and get a glass of wine. We bring it to our dinner table. You can't use your drink vouchers in the restaurants. Other than that, it's great! There are also wonderful appetizers in the lounge during happy hour.

Thanks for the replies. When you order drinks at a bar with the "voucher" do you need to tell the server to use the Diamond voucher, or will they see it automatically in the system?

They should see the voucher in the system, but sometimes they don't. I usually tell them up front that this drink should be on my voucher.

The DL on Radiance is a favorite of ours they can slide back the doors to the Vortex and rope off an area if overflow seating is needed...this was where we have enjoyed sitting.

Can you order the blended specialty drinks like lava flow and such on the vouchers?

See post #2. But no blended drinks using the diamond vouchers or in the diamond lounge.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Edited by frank808

See post #2. But no mixed drinks using the diamond vouchers or in the diamond lounge.

Basic mixed drinks are OK, like martini, gin and tonic, etc. However, no frozen or blender drinks.

Hi everyone. We are doing our first cruise as Diamond next month on Radiance. Also our first time on Radiance, but we have cruised on Brilliance, so are familiar with the class. Can anyone give us some pointers on using our "perks" particular to Radiance. Things like happy hour lounge or using the vouchers and how to use the Internet benefit (if any) would be appreciated and anything else to get our long earned loyalty's worth, lol. BTW, we are in a standard stateroom. Thanks.

With specific regard to using your Diamond Internet Perk, this is one thing Royal's IT Department did right. I only use it on the last day of the cruise. If you have your Seapass card handy and long into their wifi its real clear what you get for free. On Radiance I didn't find the Surf and Share to be any faster than just the share, which you get 1 day free.

With specific regard to using your Diamond Internet Perk, this is one thing Royal's IT Department did right. I only use it on the last day of the cruise. If you have your Seapass card handy and long into their wifi its real clear what you get for free. On Radiance I didn't find the Surf and Share to be any faster than just the share, which you get 1 day free.

You no longer even need your seapass! No more need for folio #'s on Radiance. Use your device to create your account. They ask for cabin #, name, and birth year.

As others have said, if both are Diamond you each get a free day. You do need to logon and create an account to use the second day. DW and I always use the same account name and password for ease of switching. Only one device can be logged on at any one time, but both can use one logon. Don't forget to leave open (or bookmark) your logoff RCI page, makes it much easier to login and logoff.

We were just on Radiance, there is a definite speed difference in the free 'surf', as opposed to the more expensive 'surf and stream'. Although neither are as fast as most home speeds. Don't forget you are sharing the same pipe with the whole ship. Late afternoon in very slow.

Enjoy your cruise.