car rental pier 91 Seattle

jjduck

Looking for recent information about the car rental companies at Pier 91 in Seattle. Do the kiosks at the pier shuttle you to a downtown location? If not, what should be the approximate cost for a taxi to 4th Avenue, for example?

Any preference of the three car rentals at the pier? What has your experience been like?

We will be disembarking on a Friday, July 7th.

Thank you for any help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just to make sure I understand. We would drop the car off in the downtown location and they would shuttle us to the pier correct?? And then vice versa on the way back. I'm planning on calling the rental company to confirm, but just wanted to see everyone's experience.

If I rent at the pier and then drop off at the airport do they charge the one way fee of an extra 100. My plane doesn't leave till 10:30 pm so I am thinking of renting a car for a day to explore seattle.

The only way to know will be to comparison shop. Add in $15 or $20 for the cab ride to a downtown rental office if you don't want to go with Alamo/Enterprise/National. Car rental prices in cruise season in Seattle are all over the map; they will charge what the market will bear.

• 2 weeks later...
I ended up calling. You drop off/pick up at downtown locations and they shuttle you. I was told the shuttle wait is less then 20 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What number did you call? I am currently trying to make reservations for a post cruise car rental from pier 91. We would like to return the car to SeaTac. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!

If I rent at the pier and then drop off at the airport do they charge the one way fee of an extra 100. My plane doesn't leave till 10:30 pm so I am thinking of renting a car for a day to explore seattle.

I am in the process of making our car rental reservations for our 2 day post cruise vacation. I wanted to rent a car from one of the Pier 91 companies. I just got off the phone with one of their reps at the downtown Alamo/National/Enterprise rental office. I had a couple of questions to ask before we make further plans & she was very helpful.

One of my questions was about a drop off fee at the airport when were were finished with the car. She said there was and the fee varied depending on the day and how busy they were (anywhere from $75.00 up to $150.00). She said they needed the cars back, especially during the busy season, and would have to pay drivers to drive them back from the airport.

However, she mentioned that they have a drop box if we would want to return it after hours (4:00pm on Saturday). All we would have to do is bring it back to the rental garage where we originally picked it up from, lock it up and put the keys in the drop box. Then sign our name on the return paperwork that is located at the drop box.

I am wondering if this is the norm during the busy Alaska cruise season?

• 3 weeks later...

I booked online with Avis and they don't charge a drop off fee. You do have to get to their office by the space Needle but figured that would cost less than 10. It was less than 65 dollars for a day. Figured I would get off the ship store my luggage and then sightsee until my flight at 10pm

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Forums mobile app

I booked online with Avis and they don't charge a drop off fee. You do have to get to their office by the space Needle but figured that would cost less than 10. It was less than 65 dollars for a day. Figured I would get off the ship store my luggage and then sightsee until my flight at 10pm

do you happen to have the address for that Avis car rental? There are several Avis rental pick up location in downtown and pike market area.

Thanks

If you're flying out on Alaska, American, Delta, JetBlue, Southwest or United, the Port of Seattle is offering a free service this year that will transfer your bags from the pier to SeaTac. (You will be responsible for any airline bag charges, though.) That would save you a bit of a hassle. If you want to store your luggage, storage at thePier 91 concierge is available from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Cost is $3.00 per bag, cash only. If you need luggage storage past 3:30, the Edgewater Hotel would be your best bet. Right next to P66, $5.00/bag, unlimited hours. (Phone:206-728-7000, http://www.edgewaterhotel.com/) The number I have for the Cruise Seattle Concierge is (206) 441-6666.

Tom