Did MSC pull the plug on the solo cabins?

Bra_BE2014

They said the new ships would have solo cabins and a solo lounge. Thy are not mentioned anywhere in the deck plans of Meraviglia or Seaside/Seaview.

Did they pull the plug on the project? Anyone know anything?

(original article about upcoming solo staterooms http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/news.cfm?ID=7510)

Cheers,

Priscila

I believe they'll have them on the ships that come after Meraviglia and Seaside. I remember reading that somewhere, though it escapes me now as to where - it was during the original hype around the announcement of the new ship builds.

The following is from your link but it was stated differently elsewhere (I must do a search for it!):

Cruise Critic can also exclusively reveal that MSC Cruises is actively investing in the future of single travelers, with plans to build solo cabins and a shared lounge with a TV and library. The solo cabins will debut on Meraviglia, with a special price instead of a supplement, the line revealed to us.
Edited by Beamafar

I believe they'll have them on the ships that come after Meraviglia and Seaside. I remember reading that somewhere, though it escapes me now as to where - it was during the original hype around the announcement of the new ship builds.

The following is from your link but it was stated differently elsewhere (I must do a search for it!):

It's so confusing because they say it will debut on Meraviglia.

Maybe they meant the Meraviglia plus class?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Priscilla .................... I thought you've booked a YC cabin on Meraviglia??

Yep, Sept 30!

However, first I'll be on the studios of NCL Epic in June. I am curious to see how it would compare to whatever MSC is planning and was surprise to see nothing in the deck plans.

Yep, Sept 30!

However, first I'll be on the studios of NCL Epic in June. I am curious to see how it would compare to whatever MSC is planning and was surprise to see nothing in the deck plans.

Ah - I understand. It is strange that there's no more definitive info on the solo cabins since it was first announced.

• 4 weeks later...
Ah - I understand. It is strange that there's no more definitive info on the solo cabins since it was first announced.

Still intrigued by the complete silence around the solo cabins. MSC Seaview and MSC Belissima's deck plans have nothing either. :eek:

• 1 month later...
Great catch, Priscila ................ but there's no mention of them on Meraviglia's deck plans:

http://www.mscpressarea.com/media/corporate-informationitems/attachments/msc-meraviglia-technical-sheet.pdf

They are currently a bookable Cabin Option on the Meraviglia (Bella Interior Studio)...but have not found a week yet that lets you book one... maybe "still under construction?" :-)

Hi Bea, Hi Computerworks,

I'm just happy they put the topic on the table again! Although, when it was first announced they gave an impression it would be a bit more special then that, with a solo lounge and everything. Wondering if it means studios are Bella experience only?

Anyway, no way in hell I'm changing my YC inside, lol

But I am curious to follow the developments and maybe try it on the Belissima in the next few years.

Anyway, no way in hell I'm changing my YC inside, lol

But I am curious to follow the developments and maybe try it on the Belissima in the next few years.

Let's hear you say that after your YC experience, P! :p

They are currently a bookable Cabin Option on the Meraviglia (Bella Interior Studio)...but have not found a week yet that lets you book one... maybe "still under construction?" :-)

On a ship that's currently in service? There's no sign of their location or even potential location.

It looks like they are booked solid.

MR_Interior_Studio.jpg

Finding a week on Meraviglia with an available studio is difficult.

I've found the stateroom numbers an it looks like there are 32 of them.

How did people even know about it to book it? Jeez. Curious to see reviews pop up about them in the next months.

Let's hear you say that after your YC experience, P! :p

LOL, excellent point!

There's no sign of their location or even potential location.

I found these on Meraviglia deck-plan.

9275, 9292, 9005, 9006

10263, 10380, 10250, 10252, 10254, 10256, 10074, 10003, 10004

11271, 11384, 11220, 11062, 11001, 11006, 11007

12259, 12346, 12360, 12206,

13251, 13348, 13324, 13190

14221, 14262. 14090

I found these on Meraviglia deck-plan.

9275, 9292, 9005, 9006

10263, 10380, 10250, 10252, 10254, 10256, 10074, 10003, 10004

11271, 11384, 11220, 11062, 11001, 11006, 11007

12259, 12346, 12360, 12206,

13251, 13348, 13324, 13190

14221, 14262. 14090

Wow, well done, thanks! I'll keep a eye to see how pricing evolves.

Sent from my iPad using Forums