tour to Taj Mahal

joandian

When we made plans to do this from Cochin we were to meet the ship in the next port. This involved flying to Delhi , then a long drive from there, an overnight in Agra, the return drive to Delhi, and another overnight before flying on to Goa. I don't see it feasible to go to Agra in the short time .

We used Muziris Heritage Day Tours who done the whole package including sightseeing in Cochin and Mumbai . We were met at the pier by our guide and joined by another couple from our CC roll call

http://www.tourwithlijo.com/

When we made plans to do this from Cochin we were to meet the ship in the next port. This involved flying to Delhi , then a long drive from there, an overnight in Agra, the return drive to Delhi, and another overnight before flying on to Goa. I don't see it feasible to go to Agra in the short time .

We used Muziris Heritage Day Tours who done the whole package including sightseeing in Cochin and Mumbai . We were met at the pier by our guide and joined by another couple from our CC roll call

http://www.tourwithlijo.com/

Thanks for your reply. I know lots of people do it and I know about the flights, overnights etc. It's on my bucket list of visiting all 7 wonders of the world, so we will work it out with the help of a good tour company.

• 4 weeks later...

We booked with Culture Holidays which was recommended by a cruiser who did the tour with them earlier this year. We are doing the tour in March 2018 while on the Constellation, disembarking in Cochin and rejoining the ship in Goa.

FYI at least with Celebrity you need to get clearance from the cruise line to leave the ship and rejoin it at the next port.

We booked with Culture Holidays which was recommended by a cruiser who did the tour with them earlier this year. We are doing the tour in March 2018 while on the Constellation, disembarking in Cochin and rejoining the ship in Goa.

FYI at least with Celebrity you need to get clearance from the cruise line to leave the ship and rejoin it at the next port.

Thanks. That is who I have decided on. Yes, I will be contacting RCI and arranging clearance to leave and rejoin.

For anyone thinking of going to Agra to vist the Taj Mahal be aware that the dome wil be covered in scaffolding up until March 2018.

See the link:

https://www.onthegotours.com/blog/2016/10/taj-mahal-dome-undergo-facelift/

Yes I've been getting regular updates. We will be there in April so really hopefully it will be done.