Six free nights?

workingtocruise-59

We have just moved up to the next LCV tier and are entitled to six free nights.

I am a little confused as to how the remaining night (we want to book a 7 night cruise) is calculated.

As I understood we would pay for one night plus any taxes and port charges.

The cruise we are looking at is about £1200pp for seven nights and on the US website the taxes & fees etc are about £80pp.

The quote we have had for the stateroom is approx £1000. Does this look correct to anyone who may have claimed their free nights?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

Doesn't sound right to me, unless the $1200 price is based on a promotion. LCV free nights can't be used along with a promotion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, it doesn't sound right to me either! As far as I can see this is just a standard price and there are no promotions on this itinerary.

To give measure I've just booked a 7 night cruise in balcony using six free nights and it came out at £502 total. 10th October 2017 JR cruise. All bets are off regarding special offers so the only discount you will get is if you book on the ship for your LCV discount and OBC or if you use Open Passage certificate if you have one (no OBC for that).

To give measure I've just booked a 7 night cruise in balcony using six free nights and it came out at £502 total. 10th October 2017 JR cruise. All bets are off regarding special offers so the only discount you will get is if you book on the ship for your LCV discount and OBC or if you use Open Passage certificate if you have one (no OBC for that).

Thank you for the info. Are you travelling solo and is that the price for the cabin? ( would it be double for two?) I was thinking £500-600 (for the cabin ...Ooops! ....stateroom). We are hoping to book an OV Cat 5 as that is our "usual" category and I think that is how they price the free days?

Edited by workingtocruise-59

Thank you for the info. Are you travelling solo and is that the price for the cabin? ( would it be double for two?) I was thinking £500-600 (for the cabin ...Ooops! ....stateroom). We are hoping to book an OV Cat 5 as that is our "usual" category and I think that is how they price the free days?

Yes, booked as a single, but any special single fare doesn't apply, so in effect I'm paying double less one set of port fees which I've just checked are £87, total £502.

Yes, booked as a single, but any special single fare doesn't apply, so in effect I'm paying double less one set of port fees which I've just checked are £87, total £502.

Did you book direct or through a TA? I wouldn't have thought it would make a difference but £952 for one night (Cat 4) still seems wrong when the entire 7 day cruise is £2400.

Did you book direct or through a TA? I wouldn't have thought it would make a difference but £952 for one night (Cat 4) still seems wrong when the entire 7 day cruise is £2400.

I booked on the ship, but use a ta and I will transfer it when I'm home. £952 sounds too much to me too unless it happens to be an expensive sailing.

One other factor to take into account is that the six free nights discount is based on the category of cabin that you have most cruised on with Azamara, for example if your category most booked is a V3, then the per night discount is based on the normal rate for that room. If you are booking the same category of room it doesn't sound right. Did you book direct with Azamara or through an agent? Personally I would have the figures ratified by LCV in Miami, I know Nicole is away on the LCV voyage at the moment but she has a good team behind her.

Hope you get it sorted

I booked my six free nights recently. For a 7 night cruise, I paid one day of the full non discounted fare (for a solo traveler 200%), plus I paid the port charges for all seven days (this cost varies by cruise). Additionally I paid the entire 7 day cruise commission to my TA. My cruise cost ~$1000 for a V2.

I also learned that the free nights can not be used on all cruises. There are some cruises that are blacked out.

I booked my six free nights recently. For a 7 night cruise, I paid one day of the full non discounted fare (for a solo traveler 200%), plus I paid the port charges for all seven days (this cost varies by cruise). Additionally I paid the entire 7 day cruise commission to my TA. My cruise cost ~$1000 for a V2.

I also learned that the free nights can not be used on all cruises. There are some cruises that are blacked out.

Thank you for this information.

I wasn't aware of having to pay commission to the TA as I thought that Azamara paid this?

I wonder if this would mean that those book directly would pay less as it wouldn't involve a TA?

One other factor to take into account is that the six free nights discount is based on the category of cabin that you have most cruised on with Azamara, for example if your category most booked is a V3, then the per night discount is based on the normal rate for that room. If you are booking the same category of room it doesn't sound right. Did you book direct with Azamara or through an agent? Personally I would have the figures ratified by LCV in Miami, I know Nicole is away on the LCV voyage at the moment but she has a good team behind her.

Hope you get it sorted

Thank you. We are looking at a category one above our "most frequently booked" but the difference on the website is only a few pounds so this cannot explain the pricing. We have asked for pricing for another category but this would mean losing our held stateroom as, apparently, Azamara can only price for one stateroom at a time..

Edited by workingtocruise-59

never had a black out date problem. you can only book the same type cabin that you normally take. for me it is a Cc or spa suite.

never had a black out date problem. you can only book the same type cabin that you normally take. for me it is a Cc or spa suite.

Maybe the "black out thing "is new, but I recently tried to use my three free nights on the 2019 circum-japan cruise and was told (April 2017) that they could not be used on that cruise. The LCV hostess also mentioned several other cruises that were also blacked out at this time. I do not remember which ones. FYI I was booking the appropriate cabin category.

Maybe the "black out thing "is new, but I recently tried to use my three free nights on the 2019 circum-japan cruise and was told (April 2017) that they could not be used on that cruise. The LCV hostess also mentioned several other cruises that were also blacked out at this time. I do not remember which ones. FYI I was booking the appropriate cabin category.

this is odd as i booked fall 2019 for Quest. i used my free nights too. I booked while on Quest. wonder what happened in a month. or what is new.. never heard of this.

this is odd as i booked fall 2019 for Quest. i used my free nights too. I booked while on Quest. wonder what happened in a month. or what is new.. never heard of this.

They have always had black out dates. In 2019 they are the Japan intensive in April and the first Alaska trip in May. It's nothing to do with where you book.

Anyone who has nights to use can check the terms and conditions where the blackout trips are listed or email the LCV address

They have always had black out dates. In 2019 they are the Japan intensive in April and the first Alaska trip in May. It's nothing to do with where you book.

Anyone who has nights to use can check the terms and conditions where the blackout trips are listed or email the LCV address

Ann, I never heard of this. I am looking at late summer into. Fall of 2029. Guess I never book a blackout cruise, I more or less can travel whenever but so many people can not.

Yes, there have always been blackout dates when I've used free nights. It hasn't been an issue to me personally as I've still got the dates I wanted.

Yes, there have always been blackout dates when I've used free nights. It hasn't been an issue to me personally as I've still got the dates I wanted.

We've no issues either, it was useful to know from Nicole when they were but the black out cruises in question were not on our agenda anyway.

Robin if you had tried to book a black out period using free nights they would not have been able to process the booking

We've no issues either, it was useful to know from Nicole when they were but the black out cruises in question were not on our agenda anyway.

Robin if you had tried to book a black out period using free nights they would not have been able to process the booking

Thanks again ,Ann.I guess they were not on my agenda either.If i wanted the cruise I would of booked it.

If you've moved up a tier since your last cruise with Azamara ( due to celebrity points) can you still get your free nights? How does this work as interested for a booked Azamara May cruise 2019 and now Elite plus but didn't think about this when booking with our US TA. Also if our three cruises with Azamara were in suites how does the free nights price work ? Thanks all for any help, cheers Wendy

If you've moved up a tier since your last cruise with Azamara ( due to celebrity points) can you still get your free nights? How does this work as interested for a booked Azamara May cruise 2019 and now Elite plus but didn't think about this when booking with our US TA. Also if our three cruises with Azamara were in suites how does the free nights price work ? Thanks all for any help, cheers Wendy

To be eligible for the free nights you will need to have 50% of your past cruises sailed on Azamara, LCV will be able to advise if you qualify. If you do qualify, then you may need to cancel your existing booking and rebook as the earned nights cannot be applied to a promotional discount such as BOGOHOF. Again LCV will calculate the discount for you based on your cruising history. Hope this helps