jeep rental in Cozumel

25thcruise

We will be in Cozumel In Jan 2013 via RCI Inddependence of the Seas. We were going to book the Jeep and snorkel excursion last night until we found out that they have an age restriction. Max age is 65 and my in laws are73 and and 69 and are in great shape. We are going to be driving and they dont even want to go in the water. We were wondering if anyone knows if they check your age. We also wanted to know if anyone has rented a jeep from a local company. any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

AL and Julie

We will be in Cozumel In Jan 2013 via RCI Inddependence of the Seas. We were going to book the Jeep and snorkel excursion last night until we found out that they have an age restriction. Max age is 65 and my in laws are73 and and 69 and are in great shape. We are going to be driving and they dont even want to go in the water. We were wondering if anyone knows if they check your age. We also wanted to know if anyone has rented a jeep from a local company. any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

AL and Julie

Al and Julie,

My daughter and I rented a jeep in Cozumel spring of 2007. We hooked up with a local rep at the dock who took us on a 2 block walk, we were a bit aprehensive but went. Ended up at Mexican Avis Rent- A-Car.. LOL. We rented a Jeep and the 2 of us drove the entire Island, beach road. Loved Playa Bonita and laughed at Mexican Kmart!!

Maybe you can contact Avis and reserve bB$ your get there!

Good Luck

Thanks

AL and Julie

We do business with Less Pay; good ole raggedy dependable jeep. They are located at the Barracuda hotel across from the Mega Store; one block from Punta Langosta. We rent from them when we go stay on the island; not fancy but I don't want something fancy. lesspay_rentals@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Just rented a jeep from Alamo rental last week. We wanted to go to the other side of the island and taxis were $30 for just one way. We decided to talk to the people at Alamo and we decided to take that route considering it was only $65 for the entire day! it was a great deal and we got a 2011 Jeep..very nice!!

Archived