Island Markeing Limited

pmb526

We are goin on the Glory and am looking at them for excursions in St. Thomas and Puerto Rico. Does anyone has experiences they could share as I am unfamiliar with them?

Edited by pmb526

hi there

I would second the turs offered with Sonny Liston tours in St. Thomas.

We have also used Island Marketing for many tours in different locations over the years, so I would recommend them if you found something that would suit your needs.

have a great cruise

We have used Island Marketing 3 different times and always had great excursions. Island Marketing is more of a booking agent and they don't provide the actual services but just contract with various local excursion providers.

In San Juan you don't need a tour. just go to El Moro, the fort you pass coming into and leaving San Juan. This huge fort was built in the 1500's to protect the harbor. You won't believe it, the THICK walls, small openings to shoot at ships trying to come into the harbor. You can walk all around it and make sure you take your camera. They have a small open air van that will take you right up to the front of the fort and will take you right back to the ship. You do have to wait for it as I think there is only one of these though.

Google El Moro and you'll see the fort.

There are also two free public buses you can get on the left street corner across from the ship. They have two routs which are different. You can get on and off whenever you want and get back on at marked bus stops. Once we took one bus, came back to the ship & had lunch then went on the other bus in the afternoon. We saw a lot of san Juan doing this. And again, the buses are free.

We have used Island Marketing 3 different times and always had great excursions. Island Marketing is more of a booking agent and they don't provide the actual services but just contract with various local excursion providers.
We've used Island Marketing to book excursions in Grand Cayman and St Maarten and enjoyed both tours. The Grand Cayman tour was with a small tour operator who told us that Island Marketing made it possible for him to operate - they made it possible for him to promote his business and handle bookings.

We are goin on the Glory and am looking at them for excursions in St. Thomas and Puerto Rico. Does anyone has experiences they could share as I am unfamiliar with them?

Island Marketing is always my first go-to for excursions. I've used them for 8 years and have never been disappointed. We were supposed to do the island tour in St Thomas and our ship was late making port. But, they were sitting right there waiting for us. If you like to do a lot - that's a good tour -- downtown for a little look see and shopping, up to Mountaintop for a banana daiquiri and a great view of many islands, then on to Magens Bay for a nice swim.

On one cruise, we had reserved an excursion in Belize and they notified us that our ship was not going to Belize but was going to Costa Maya. No one at the cruiseline seemed to know this -- for weeks -- but they finally sent a letter with the itinerary change. Thanks to Island Marketing, we'd already changed our excursion with them to Costa Maya.

I trust them completely.