Back in the saddle, again

peanut gallery

Hi there cruisers, I'm new here and pretty much a babe when it comes to cruising.

I've done 4 Caribbean jaunts in way-too-big ships in the dark past (most recent: 5 years ago), but am now going to branch onto smaller vessels - you know, the ones that accomodate fewer people than the Coliseum.

So I'm glad to be here and hope to learn far too much than I will ever need to know. :)

peanut

Hi there cruisers, I'm new here and pretty much a babe when it comes to cruising.

I've done 4 Caribbean jaunts in way-too-big ships in the dark past (most recent: 5 years ago), but am now going to branch onto smaller vessels - you know, the ones that accomodate fewer people than the Coliseum.

So I'm glad to be here and hope to learn far too much than I will ever need to know. :)

peanut

Oceania "R" ships: under 700 passengers.

Can't remember which port it was (Barcelona or Marseille???) on a recent O Riviera cruise (<1200 passengers) but, we saw "Allure(?) of the Seas" in port. It was basically a grotesque oversized box with propulsion. Some folks like Vegas hotels that pass for "ships" (because they float). But, I find little style or "allure" of the sea in those monsters.

Hi All, I believe you can take 2 bottles of wine on Celebrity cruises. So can you purchase at each port? And take another 2 bottles onboard?

Hi, I'll answer you even though this is someone else's thread about something completely different. :o At embarkation ONLY is when you can take 2 bottles of wine per cabin (2 x 750 ml. bottles). If you bring on wine or alcohol at ports, it will be taken from you, you will be given a receipt for it, and it is returned to you at the end of the cruise, usually the last night so you can pack it as you wish. So buy and bring on as much as you want - that is certainly your right - but you won't get to keep it with you.

The best place for researching Celebrity cruises and such is the Celebrity forum. I see you have posted there in the past but here is the link again.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

peanut

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

Gosh, I thought you were already booked on Viking Baldur 4-10-2016. :confused:

LuLu

Hi, I'll answer you even though this is someone else's thread about something completely different. :o At embarkation ONLY is when you can take 2 bottles of wine per cabin (2 x 750 ml. bottles). If you bring on wine or alcohol at ports, it will be taken from you, you will be given a receipt for it, and it is returned to you at the end of the cruise, usually the last night so you can pack it as you wish. So buy and bring on as much as you want - that is certainly your right - but you won't get to keep it with you.

The best place for researching Celebrity cruises and such is the Celebrity forum. I see you have posted there in the past but here is the link again.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Thanks I was merely asking as we don't want to do the wrong thing.