Favourite ship

nb125

I am trying to find out more about the ships and would be grateful if you would tell me your favourite ship and why. The impression I have received up to now is that Balmoral is most peoples favourite.

The only ship we haven't been on is Braemar and that's not deliberate, it's just that she does a fair number of fly cruises, not our favourite way of cruising.

Providing the itinerary was to our liking, we'd be happy with any of Fred's ships.

wft

We have been on the Braemar 3 times, the Balmoral once and the Black Watch once (but we will be on her over christmas).

I can't say I have a favourite because all the staff are lovely no matter which ship you are on. Also the entertainment is mostly on par with each other.

My favourite lounge would be the Morning Light Bar on the Braemar.

I also like the smaller dinning rooms on both the Braemar & the Balmoral, not too overcrowded and not as noisy as the larger dinning rooms.

I have never tried the Boudicca because she sails mostly from northern ports.

Susan

After 30+ cruises on all Fred. Olsen ships I would rate the ships as follows (1) Balmoral (2) Black Watch (3) Boudicca (4) Braemar.

I like the "Balmoral" best as it is more spacious, has larger cabins, has two venues for evening entertaiment and has the lovelt Spey and Avon restaurants. All have plus points. :)

It's all according to personal preference, and sometimes the first ones you sail on!

We've been on all of Fred's ships (including the now defunct Black Prince, as well as other cruise lines).

For us it's: 1.Balmoral 2.Braemar 3.Black Watch 4.Boudicca.

We prefer the dining and lounge areas on the Balmoral and Braemar and find the Boudicca's layout makes it feel a bit crowded at times, particularly around meal and show times.

As regards staff, food and entertainment, the ships are much of a muchness.

Edited by callyuk

I've only been on Boudicca and Black Watch and Boudicca is my favourite of those two. The food was better on Boudicca and our cabin was better too despite being the same grade. We're booked to go on Boudicca again.

We've cruised many times on all four of the present ships and agree with callyuk. 1.Balmoral 2.Braemar 3.Black Watch 4.Boudicca. Our first cruise was on the Braemar before it was stretched but we've spent many months on the Balmoral and Black Watch and would be happy to do the same on the Braemar.

Balmoral, Breamar, Boudica. Not cruised on BW.

Food, service, entertainment the same across all the ships.

Just the Balmoral is larger and has a newer feel.

We don't pick the ship we pick the itinerary. Although we did say never again on the Boudica a few years ago. Reason, we believed noro was more prevalent on that ship. But cruised on her this year and had a fantastic cruise.

Boudicca in Jan, Balmoral in Sept then can't remember which ship in Jan 2016 in the Amazon. So yes we like all the ships.