Imagine my surprise

margaret10987

Imagine...waking up on a beautiful sunny morning, opening your cabin curtains then stepping out onto your balcony with a fresh cup of coffee just delivered to your cabin when OMG!!!!! Someone from above puked and it hit my balcony. YUCK. What is wrong with people. It was all over everything. I called Guest Services, explained the situation and oh boy two white suited up hazmat looking guys and a person in uniform with a clip board were there immediately disinfecting my balcony. They even measured the angle from which it came from and got all technical. My guess is they were trying to figure out which balcony above me it came from. I was very impressed with how well they took care of the situation.

Imagine...waking up on a beautiful sunny morning, opening your cabin curtains then stepping out onto your balcony with a fresh cup of coffee just delivered to your cabin when OMG!!!!! Someone from above puked and it hit my balcony. YUCK. What is wrong with people. It was all over everything. I called Guest Services, explained the situation and oh boy two white suited up hazmat looking guys and a person in uniform with a clip board were there immediately disinfecting my balcony. They even measured the angle from which it came from and got all technical. My guess is they were trying to figure out which balcony above me it came from. I was very impressed with how well they took care of the situation.

I've got nothing, that is just nasty.

Eewww!!! Why would anyone puke off the balcony knowing ppl are below?! [/url]

When you are so drunk that you start puking, you usually don't have a good sense of where you are. So I highly doubt that person was thinking about who may have been on the balcony below them at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When you are so drunk that you start puking, you usually don't have a good sense of where you are. So I highly doubt that person was thinking about who may have been on the balcony below them at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Got to get your money's worth from your beverage package, even if you don't remember your cruise.

on one cruise i bought my son a milk shake at the coffee bar after dinner. after he was done i took him to camp carnival. after i picked him up to go to bed, he took one step into my cabin and threw up all over the place. i felt so bad calling guest services and even offered to clean it up if they gave me the equipment. of course they took care of it and told me not to worry. but my cabin stunk like throw up for the rest of the cruise. at least it was my kid and not a random person that threw up in my cabin. i felt bad for the people on the next cruise and hoped that the smell went away after they cleaned the room real good on embarkation day.

on one cruise i bought my son a milk shake at the coffee bar after dinner. after he was done i took him to camp carnival. after i picked him up to go to bed, he took one step into my cabin and threw up all over the place. i felt so bad calling guest services and even offered to clean it up if they gave me the equipment. of course they took care of it and told me not to worry. but my cabin stunk like throw up for the rest of the cruise. at least it was my kid and not a random person that threw up in my cabin. i felt bad for the people on the next cruise and hoped that the smell went away after they cleaned the room real good on embarkation day.

I have seen cleaning crews use a "steam machine" to do carpet cleaning when on a B2B or doing early platinum boarding. Some cabins were left empty and a repeat cleaning deodorizing was done after we sailed.

I highly doubt that anyone else would be placed in that room until the situation was abated.

Edited by evandbob

That is gross. Gross stuff like that is why we will NEVER get a aft balcony again. Our first--and last-- we had people throw cigarettes, ice cream, random trash and other nasty left over food.

Some people are just too trashy to be in public.

That happened to us one time, and we saved A LOT of money by not booking balconies for our next several cruises. We reported it to the steward, who -- possibly -- may not have understood what we said, because it didn't get cleaned up until THE NEXT DAY! With guys in hazmat suits. We told Stewart, again, on the 2nd day, and his supervisor or something was also in the hallway with him. At that point, it pretty much got cleaned up immediately. Ugh. :(

crazyfrazee: I don't even want to know, dude... :eek:

My first Carnival cruise, and first one in a balcony, had me opening the door one morning to find vomit all over my balcony. Apparently someone lost it while we were sleeping.

Stateroom attendant had it all cleaned but yes--what a mess. He also said "Happens all the time."

However it is generally easier to clean this from the outside than the inside.

Now I always check before going outside.