Need bed info for royal

Arwen

Can anyone tell me if the Royal Princess Club Class Mini-Suites now have the new luxury deluxe beds?

Do you know if the Mini-Suites have them?

We really want to make sure we have a stateroom with the new bed. I checked Princess' website...and cannot find any firm info.

The Ship is going to be reconfigured in the first part of 2018 so it makes me suspicious that the Royal will not get the new beds until after that.

When we were on Royal last year we found the beds to be quite comfortable. However, they were the same beds, not new ones.

Thank you for the info. Right now we have a regular veranda stateroom booked. We have cruised Princess a fair amount (as well as HAL, Celebrity, and recently NCL)......By far and away, hubby and I have found the Princess beds to be awful..and often close to needing to be disposed of:eek:

We think we can get a great deal on an upsell to a Club mini-suite, but won't do it unless we can confirm that those beds are indeed the luxury beds offered.

I would do further research on the Club Class minis. I have read here that the higher price is not equal to what you receive and many people were very disappointed and would never do it again. I think Princess builds it up to look more attractive than it actually is. For the difference in price of a regular mini and Club Class I would expect much more. But that's just me. Perhaps you feel differently. I doubt very much if the beds were any different than any other mini.

I've sailed many days on the Royal & Regal which when constructed had improved pillowtop mattresses. We'll soon be sailing on the Royal again & hopefully they're still in good condition.

With the improved pillowtop mattresses it's not surprising that these ships will be the last to receive the Luxury Beds in 2019.

Not sure if all Club Class minisuites have a Luxury Bed which on their CC webpage states that they'll "receive priority rollout of The Princess Luxury Bed".

If you check the Princess website, it says the Royal will not be getting the new "luxury beds" till 2019.

That is why I am confused...it does say that on their website, but it is a general statement for their entire fleet, .............

but there is also specific info regarding their Club Mini Suite Class category saying that they do have the new beds (or at least that is how I interpreted it) as one of the Club class amenities?

Not that I could ever afford it, but I really doubt that the Penthouse Suites have the old broken down mattresses...maybe they do? :confused:

I've sailed many days on the Royal & Regal which when constructed had improved pillowtop mattresses. We'll soon be sailing on the Royal again & hopefully they're still in good condition.

With the improved pillowtop mattresses it's not surprising that these ships will be the last to receive the Luxury Beds in 2019.

Not sure if all Club Class minisuites have a Luxury Bed which on their CC webpage states that they'll "receive priority rollout of The Princess Luxury Bed".

Yes, that is why it is confusing. I do not think that Princess ought to be advertising the new luxury beds as one of the Club Class Mini suite amenities if they in fact, do not have them...as of now. Misleading!

I would do further research on the Club Class minis. I have read here that the higher price is not equal to what you receive and many people were very disappointed and would never do it again. I think Princess builds it up to look more attractive than it actually is. For the difference in price of a regular mini and Club Class I would expect much more. But that's just me. Perhaps you feel differently. I doubt very much if the beds were any different than any other mini.

Thank you so much for your input! That makes it likely we will either stick with what we already have or just upgrade to the Deluxe Balcony.

It is good to know that the bed will likely be better than what I have slept on in the past on Princess....a mattress worthy of a flop house (not kidding, either).

It is good to know that the bed will likely be better than what I have slept on in the past on Princess....a mattress worthy of a flop house (not kidding, either).

I know that you're not kidding having too many concave Princess mattresses & once they attempt to minimize the crater by placing serving trays between the bed's frame & mattress. :(

I have only ever had one mattress on Princess that was in poor condition. I knew it instantly and my wife's side was fine. Spoke to a hotel manager immediately and mattress was replaced after first night. They replace both actually which was nice but not necessary.

(We never felt the older mattresses were too firm BTW. And out last cruise was on Regal and they were nice. We are supposed to have the new ones on Island coming up).

• 4 months later...

We were on the Royal in December.

Mattress in our balcony was the worst we and the staff had ever seen. Neither of us could sleep the first night. Had the mattresses replaced twice the next day, only used mattresses were available. After three nights of torture we were moved to an accessible club class mini suite.

The new Princess beds are in the club class mini suites.

Avoid the accessible / wheelchair cabins as the mattresses may already be worn and sunken in the middle due to large people using the beds.

Not wishing to contradict any of the above, just my FWIW:

In April 2016 had the newly added Princess Luxury Bed in an oceanview cabin on Emerald Princess.

Last November had what I presume to be the original-issue bedding in a balcony cabin on Royal Princess.

The latter was far, far more comfortable.

Princess took the positive feedback they got from finally procuring decent mattresses when launching Royal and Regal but went (IMHO) one step too far with the "Luxury" (sic) bed of mush they are "upgrading" the fleet with.

Princess took the positive feedback they got from finally procuring decent mattresses when launching Royal and Regal but went (IMHO) one step too far with the "Luxury" (sic) bed of mush they are "upgrading" the fleet with.

Unlike medallions, replacing mattresses should be something that is within princess' skill set to complete.