Pre-purchase liquor

Burgmeister

I consider it outrageously high even for being on a ship.

BYOB is the only way to go. :)

BYOB is the only way to go. Wine, yes bring your bottle. Spirits???????????????????

The price charged on board for the 375ml bottle is about the same as we have pay in our State for a 750ml bottle. We have State owned stores with controlled prices. While the on board price is expensive, it is most likely in line with other cruise lines and resort hotels.

BYOB is the only way to go. Wine, yes bring your bottle. Spirits???????????????????

The price charged on board for the 375ml bottle is about the same as we have pay in our State for a 750ml bottle. We have State owned stores with controlled prices. While the on board price is expensive, it is most likely in line with other cruise lines and resort hotels.

I always plan ahead with my purchases by buying in the islands for our next trips.

It's considerably cheaper than what I pay here in Florida.

I've never compared prices to any other outlets on land or sea.

True, but you might be surprised how many ignore that rule.

Considering the small size of the bottle they sell you it's easily circumvented.

this is one of the topics, along with gratuities, that seems to stir up quite a ****storm on these forums!

Might be time to get some popcorn...

Absolutely. Doesn't stop people from throwing their 2 cents worth in though!

I'm more your "Live and let live" kinda guy when it comes to the more "Controversial" points of cruising. There are far more serious things in the world to worry about than whether or not someone tries to circumvent a drinks policy or fails to tip the recommended amount.

Other people tend to get a bit heated under the collar about it though.

We ordered a couple things on our last cruise, and I just prepaid for some for our next cruise. The price isn't that bad, IMO. Other lines that I've looked at, charge a steeper premium. I do wish they offered tequila though.

I bring mini bottles of Monin syrups (Love my lavender martini) and we have the soda card to order mocktails and soda mixers. Affordable way to enjoy cocktails on our balcony -- and we have an aft on the next cruise, which I plan on enjoying :)

Personally I really like the idea of 1/2 bottles. We spend next to no time in our cabin unless there are 4 or more sea days. So in the past we rarely drank more than 1/2 of a full size bottle anyway. On CCL it's $95 for 750 mL of Crown and $23 for a 375 mL on Princess. All and all a pretty decent price for a cruise ship.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

We want to purchase a bottle of Rum for our day off the ship in Mexico. (no Mexican liquor)

I think the room service menu has a few more selections than the pre-purchase menu?

I didn't read thru all the comments, but I like the small bottles, because we simply do not want the stress of trying to smuggle something onto the ship, or any remaining BACK onto the ship, at port.

Say you order a bottle of gin via indulgences and it'll be in your room when you board, can I carry on my own tonic (small bottles)?

No. There should be a voucher in your cabin. You will need to call Room Service to have the gin delivered. You can take as much tonic aboard as you like. No restrictions on that.

No. There should be a voucher in your cabin. You will need to call Room Service to have the gin delivered. You can take as much tonic aboard as you like. No restrictions on that.

Thanks, Thrak. First time ordering a bottle for our room with Princess. Glad to know about the voucher. HAL always has the bottle in the room when you board. And I'm glad to know I can bring our own tonic, like HAL.

Thanks again.

Thanks, Thrak. First time ordering a bottle for our room with Princess. Glad to know about the voucher. HAL always has the bottle in the room when you board. And I'm glad to know I can bring our own tonic, like HAL.

Thanks again.

You have to sign for it, before they will leave it. When you get to your cabin, just call room service and let them know you are ready for it to be delivered -- they will instruct you to sign the voucher, and before long (at least in my experience) your spirits are waiting in your cabin. Glasseware can be harder to come by -- our cabin steward said they are hard for her to get, although she did manage to come thru for us, with two glasses during the week cruise. We just washed them between uses and the steward knew to leave them in the cabin for us.

You have to sign for it, before they will leave it. When you get to your cabin, just call room service and let them know you are ready for it to be delivered -- they will instruct you to sign the voucher, and before long (at least in my experience) your spirits are waiting in your cabin. Glasseware can be harder to come by -- our cabin steward said they are hard for her to get, although she did manage to come thru for us, with two glasses during the week cruise. We just washed them between uses and the steward knew to leave them in the cabin for us.

Thanks for all the info on CC. I have a question, if you purchase wine in a port are you allowed to bring it on board and back to your cabin. I saw a table set up at the pier on one of our ports to declare the wine. It would be nice to replenish wine while in a port.