HOHO or Cab for transportation in Boston?

3dogmom

I'll be in Boston on Saturday, October 8th from 7:00 - 7:00. We're the only ship in port besides a HAL ship disembarking.

I was thinking of using the HOHO as transportation from the terminal to Fenway Park for a tour, and then over to Boston Commons for a tour. I'm wondering if I'm better off using a cab or if the HOHO is a good option to get around plus back to the ship?

You can take public transportation. The Silver Line (a bus) stops on DryDock Ave which is just outside the pier. Take that to South Station. Change to the Red Line and head to Park Street. At Park Street you can exit and you'll be right at Boston Common (note it is singular not plural). You can visit the State House or walk up to the State House on Park Street, turn left onto Beacon and walk downhill to see Cheers and, if you go into the Public Garden, at Beacon and Charles St you can see the Make Way for Ducklings sculpture.

At Park Street you can also change to the Green Line. Take the B, C or D line (not E) and get off at Kenmore Square (home of the Citgo sign). Easy walk to Fenway Park. If you take the D line you can get off at the Fenway stop but I think the walk to Fenway is longer so get off at Kenmore (which you have to do if you take the B or C lines anyway). The tour of Fenway is lots of fun. To get back to the ship do the reverse. Green Line (in bound) to Park Street. Change to the Red Line toward South Station (the other end of this line is Harvard which is also a nice ride over the Charles River). Change to the Silver Line to Dry Dock Ave.

This sounds complicated but signage is good and public transportation is safe and easy to manage.

• 4 weeks later...