Capt's Club Tier Changes During Cruise?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:07 AM.
Springdale, AR
914 Posts
Joined May 2011
Originally posted by villauk
As the poster stated above, go and see the Captain's Club Host and they will sort for you. It's a different scenario as you will have completed the first cruise enabling you to gain the required points.
Go see the Captain's Club host(ess) on the first cruise so the or she can take care of it for the second cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruzzzinma
2,966 Posts
Joined May 2013
To the OP, if you think about it, virtually everyone acquires the points needed to move up sotime during a cruise. It would be a rare thing to acquire the final points needed on the last day of a cruise. Some might get their needed points on day 1, some on day 2, Etc. But the points aren't registered u til the end of the cruise.

This normally takes a week, but if you are back to back, the Captains Club staff can expedite it for you
Virginia
568 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by villauk
As the poster stated above, go and see the Captain's Club Host and they will sort for you. It's a different scenario as you will have completed the first cruise enabling you to gain the required points.
Originally posted by GottaKnowWhen
See post # 7 above...
Perfect, thanks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers Mate
[email protected]
9,046 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
Originally posted by WestLakeGirl
To the OP, if you think about it, virtually everyone acquires the points needed to move up sotime during a cruise. It would be a rare thing to acquire the final points needed on the last day of a cruise. Some might get their needed points on day 1, some on day 2, Etc. But the points aren't registered u til the end of the cruise.

This normally takes a week, but if you are back to back, the Captains Club staff can expedite it for you
I see you and the others here are correct. The onus is on me to schedule a short cruise so we can be Elite Plus by the longer one. Another way would be to book a higher class of cabin so we can get more points for our next cruise instead of scheduling yet another cruise, not always easy to do with obligations at home. Or...just go with the flow and get to Elite Plus whenever.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"MOTHER, MOTHER OCEAN, I HAVE HEARD YOU CALL..."
Jimmy Buffet
UK
3,006 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by Gangway Style
I see you and the others here are correct. The onus is on me to schedule a short cruise so we can be Elite Plus by the longer one. Another way would be to book a higher class of cabin so we can get more points for our next cruise instead of scheduling yet another cruise, not always easy to do with obligations at home. Or...just go with the flow and get to Elite Plus whenever.
It looks like you are in a win, win situation....the option of squeezing in another cruise or having a room upgrade both with the excuse they are saving you money!!!
Hudson Valley, NY
1,187 Posts
Joined Jun 2008
I am almost in the same situation. Just 2 days short of making Elite. I've thought about going on a quickie cruise, before my next important one, but they are all out of Florida and so if I add in the cost of airfare, is it really worth it to make Elite? Thanks to a good deal at the time, I ended booking the "Go Best" package on that cruise, so I will already be getting free drinks and free internet.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Next: Crown Princess - Quebec to NYC, Oct. 4, 2017 ** Celebrity Eclipse - S. Caribbean, Feb. 18, 2018 ** Celebrity Eclipse - Norway from Dublin, May 20, 2018 ** Celebrity Edge - W. Caribbean, Mar. 31, 2019
Past Cruises:
Celebrity Solstice - S. New Zealand, Apr. 3, 2017 * Norwegian Breakaway - Bahamas, Apr. 3, 2016 * Celebrity Eclipse - S. Carib., Feb. 7, 2016 * Celebrity Equinox - E. Med., May 21, 2015 *Quantum of the Seas - E. Carib., Jan. 23, 2015 * Regal Princess - E. Carib., Nov. 16, 2014 *Celebrity Solstice - Hawaii to Vancouver, Apr. 28, 2014 * Brilliance of the Seas - W. Carib., Dec. 7, 2013 * Explorer of the Seas - Bermuda, July 20, 2013 * Jewel of the Seas - Baltics / Russia, May 15, 2012 * Explorer of the Seas - NE / Canada, Oct. 13, 2011 * Coral Princess - Carib. / Panama Canal / Central America, Mar. 25, 2011 * Caribbean Princess - Bermuda/ E. Carib., May 27, 2010 * Celebrity Solstice - E. Med., July 17, 2009 * Caribbean Princess - E. Carib./Bermuda, July 20, 2008 * Celebrity Constellation - S. Carib., Apr. 12, 2003 * Celebrity Mercury - Alaska, Aug. 11, 2000 * Norwegian Starward - S. Carib., 1987
San Francisco Bay Area
6,708 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
Originally posted by cruisestitch
What some people don't realize is that you get priority tickets to get on the tender going to shore -- but coming back to the ship you wait in the same lines as everyone else -- I've heard people ask "where is the 'elite line' for returning to the ship? and they got upset that there isn't one <smile>
I think sometimes pax get their cruiselines mixed up. At times, not always, there is an elite line on Princess to get back on the tender to return to the ship. So....I kind of understand the mix up! Hard to keep them all straight sometimes.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruise Raider
Wellington. New Zealand
2,705 Posts
Joined Dec 2013
We were 4 points short of Elite on an earlier cruise and went and spoke with the CC Hostess and she advised that the upgrade is generated at Head Office and she couldn't change it. I explained that I was only after the priority tendering and a wink and a nod we were invited to the priority tendering meeting point for our tendering. We couldn't participate in any of the other perks though. I had heard previously that it was possible to get an upgrade but over time it has probably been abused and a hard line is now taken. We are now legitimately elite so it doesn't matter
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
12-01-2014 Celebrity Century
02-08-2015 Celebrity Solstice
02-25-2015 Celebrity Solstice

Long Island, New York
4,593 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
It turns out, as luck would have it, that after just one day of an upcoming Celebrity cruise, we will have accumulated enough Captain's Club points to go up to the next tier. That will be a twelve- night cruise. Will the Captain's Club loyalty rep give us a new Sea Pass with the new tier level or must we sail the entire cruise at our present level regardless of accumulated points entitling us to the next tier? Just curious as to how this works.
Good question!! We're on a B2B in August and reach the next tier (Elite) AFTER the first cruise and BEFORE the second one. TA told me to go to customer service and ask for perks on last day of first cruise before second one sails. Any thoughts?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sailed:
Greek Islands and Turkey, Louis Perla, October, 2006
Castles on Rhine, Vantage, Aug/Sept. 2008
Egypt and Jordan, Vantage, Jan/Feb. 2009
Holland and Belgium, Vantage, April/May 2010
Alaska, HAL Statendam, June, 2011
Costa Rica, Star Flyer,Vantage, Feb. 2011
Russia and Ukraine, Vantage, Aug/Sept. 2012
Panama Canal, Celebrity Infinity, April/May 2013
Columbia & Snake Rivers, ACL , June, 2013
Gateway to the Black Sea, Vantage, June/July 2014
Trans Canada Rail Odyssey ,Vantage, June 2015
Switzerland Rhine & Mozelle, Vantage, August 2015
Southern Caribbean, Celebrity Eclipse, March 2016
Canada-New England, Celebrity Summit, Oct 2016
Caribbean, RCI Grandeur of the Seas, Jan, 2017
Scandinavia-Russia, Celebrity Eclipse, Aug, 2017
Norway Fjords, Celebrity Eclipse, Aug, 2017

Other:
England
Bermuda
Italy
France
Monaco
Greece
Turkey
Iceland

Not yet Sailed:
Southern Caribbean, March, 2018, Celebrity Eclipse
British Isles, August, 2018, Celebrity Eclipse
Pa, NJ
18,125 Posts
Joined Apr 2000
Originally posted by Hydrokitty
Good question!! We're on a B2B in August and reach the next tier (Elite) AFTER the first cruise and BEFORE the second one. TA told me to go to customer service and ask for perks on last day of first cruise before second one sails. Any thoughts?
Best bet is see the the Captains club hostess while on first cruise. Customer service will just refer you to her as she is the CC rep on board. This is not uncommon and she knows what to do.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Don
Marana, Arizona
239 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Thank you for the quick responses. It might be worth it to take a quick little cruise before the twelve-nighter. Even three or four nights would do the trick.
We did exactly that before Celebrity changed the entire point system.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com]
[/url] 1990 NCL Starward Caribbean, 1992 Star Flyer BVI, 2001 Star Flyer Greece & Turkey, 2004 Star Clipper France & Italy, 2005 Celebrity Summit Panama Canal, 2007 Star Flyer Thailand, 2009 Celebrity Millennium Alaska, 2010 Royal Clipper Mediterranean, 2011 Star Flyer Costa Rica, 2012 Celebrity Eclipse Baltic Sea, 2013 Celebrity Summit So. Caribbean, 2013 Celebrity Century Calif. coast, 2015 Celebrity Solstice Australia/New Zealand, 2016 Celebrity Equinox Eastern Mediterranean, 2016 Celebrity Millennium Alaska
Wellington. New Zealand
2,705 Posts
Joined Dec 2013
The only perk I would see you getting if any at all would be priority tendering( if you are tendering at all) and that would require a bit of grovelling to the CC Host. Anything else is really beyond the control of CC Host. I would however make sure I spoke with the CC Host to ensure that your new status was recognised for the second cruise
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
12-01-2014 Celebrity Century
02-08-2015 Celebrity Solstice
02-25-2015 Celebrity Solstice

Long Island, New York
4,593 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Originally posted by dkjretired
Best bet is see the the Captains club hostess while on first cruise. Customer service will just refer you to her as she is the CC rep on board. This is not uncommon and she knows what to do.
Thanks Don.....that's what I will do. I don't see that it will change much since I'm not changing cabins but a discount on internet will be welcome.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sailed:
Gateway to the Black Sea, Vantage, June/July 2014
Trans Canada Rail Odyssey ,Vantage, June 2015
Switzerland Rhine & Mozelle, Vantage, August 2015
Southern Caribbean, Celebrity Eclipse, March 2016
Canada-New England, Celebrity Summit, Oct 2016
Caribbean, RCI Grandeur of the Seas, Jan, 2017
Scandinavia-Russia, Celebrity Eclipse, Aug, 2017
Norway Fjords, Celebrity Eclipse, Aug, 2017

Other:
England
Bermuda
Italy
France
Monaco
Greece
Turkey
Iceland

Not yet Sailed:
Southern Caribbean, March, 2018, Celebrity Eclipse
British Isles, August, 2018, Celebrity Eclipse
West Yorkshire.
5,099 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
Originally posted by Hydrokitty
Thanks Don.....that's what I will do. I don't see that it will change much since I'm not changing cabins but a discount on internet will be welcome.
The free bag of laundry would be useful too if you have already cruised for a week!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jackie

Princess Platinum

Previous Cruises:
Crown Princess: Mediterranean Adventure 13-27th May 2017
Azamara Quest: TA Southampton to Montreal 09.09.16
Celebrity Eclipse, Baltic Capitals. July 25th-Aug 8th 2015
Infinity TransAtlantic October 24th-7 th November 2013.
Eclipse, Southern Caribbean March 23- 6th April 2013.
Constellation ( Celebrity) Amsterdam- Southampton (5th-7th Sept 2012) We are now Elite!!!
Century ( Celebrity) Honolulu to Ensenada Mar 2012
Eclipse (Celebrity)- Western Mediterranean Oct 2010
Arcadia (P&O)- Lands of Ice & Fire July 2009
Mercury (Celebrity) Oz & NZ Jan /Feb 2008
Artemis ( P&O) Iberian Delights Oct 2006
Galaxy ( Celebrity) Rome- Galveston TA Oct 2005
Ocean Village Barbados B2B Jan 2004
Infinity ( Celebrity) Alaska July 2003
Splendour of the Seas (RCCL) B2B Greek Islands Sept 2001
Carnival Sensation ex Dominican Republic 1999
+ 6 others, inc Airtours x3, Fred Olsen,Thompson, & Louis line
Long Island, New York
4,593 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Originally posted by upwarduk
The free bag of laundry would be useful too if you have already cruised for a week!
Hadn't thought of that...but that's a really important perk!!! Thanks for bringing it up!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sailed: